That night, after hours of Sammy's cries, Clary sat on the edge of the bed and kisses the little girl's forehead. "I love you Sammy. We'll be okay. We'll figure it out." Clary promises.

*flashback over*

• • •

Clary lifts Sammy off of the changing table and onto her hip. Sammy, after living with her aunt for four months now, has grown to like Clary. "You ready, babe?" Clary smushes her nose into Sammy's cheek. "You're coming to work with Auntie today. You can paint all day long, okay?"

Sammy smiles at Clary as she grabs her car keys. "Gasses, gasses." Sammy demands. Clary grabs the little kid sunglasses and slides them on.

Clary smiles at the little girl. "Come on babe, lets go."

• • •

Clary puts Sammy in one of Simon's old dress shirts for her to paint in, tying her blonde hair up into a fountain ponytail. She gives the kid a paint brush and many different washable paint colors and let's her go.

Clary walks over to her desk and sits, staring at the pencil sketch. There's only one line on the paper - that's all there has been on that paper for a few days.

The door to her store opens, the bells jingle. Her boss walks in with a man with him, her boss doesn't seem too impressed with the little girl painting in the corner. "Ms Fray," Mr Lawrence says. "This is Mr Bane, of Bane Inc. he's requested a meeting with you."

Clary looks at the man who came in, he's bending down in front of Sammy. He smiles at her, Sammy seems to be explaining her painting to the sparkly man. Mr Bane stands and walks over to Clary, holding his hand out. "It's lovely to meet you."

Clary nods, a smile on her face. "You as well, I love your work. Your clothing, it's amazing." Mr Lawrence leaves them to talk. "So, why did you want to meet with me?"

"Well, I know you are just a Creative Director, but my soulmate's sister showed me your Instagram and I was very impressed." Mr Bane confesses. "Especially with the image you painted of your niece."

Clary blushes, "oh, uh, wow. Thank you."

"I came here to ask if you'd paint a picture of me, my husband and our son." Magnus holds out his phone to Clary to show a picture of the three of them. "Actually I came to ask you to do two paintings - one of all of us and one of just Max. And, if we like it, hopefully one each year as Max grows and of our other children."

Clary takes the phone, it's a picture of Magnus, and another man with a baby in between them.