Sizzy(sorta-not really) Izzy and Alec: mom was right.

This is shortly after Simon loses his memories

"Isabelle?" Alec knocks on his sisters door. "You okay?"
"I'm fine. Go away," she says through the door.
He sighs, "come on Iz, I know you're hurting. Let me in."
"Alec, I'm fine!" She yells. "Go away!"
Alec opens the door to her room, she is lying in bed. Curled in a ball. "Izzy..." He climbs in bed with her, she sets her pillow on his lap and lies down. He runs his fingers through her hair.
"Why aren't you out with Magnus?" She asks.
"I wanted to spend time with my sister," he says. Izzy scoffs. "And, he is out of town."
She laughs lightly, "I figured as much."
They are silent for a while.
That's the thing about siblings, they can sit in silence for the longest time and it'll never get awkward. Never.
Ever since Isabelle and Alec were little-before Jace and Max- they could talk to each other, about anything. Or they could sit in silence for hours on end.
After a good 20 minutes Isabelle says. "Mom was right."
"About what?"
"Men, boys. They say they love you but in the end they'll always break your heart." She says, tears falling out of her eyes.
Alec wraps his arms around his sister, "Izzy, if he really loves you-which he does- he'll find you again."
"Life isn't a fairytale, Alec." She says sitting up.
Alec sighs, "didn't feel like one when you and Simon were together?" He kisses her forehead and walks out of her room.
Isabelle looks at her lock screen on her phone, a picture of Simon kissing her cheek. "It was a fairytale." She wipes a tear away. "Except I didn't get my happily ever after."