All in all, Minxie thought this boy was... Well, hot.

And that was terribly wrong of her, because this boy was her best friend, for crying out loud! She was NOT supposed to be thinking of Naruto in this way. Still, she couldn't help it. And she couldn't ignore the fact that her heart was racing when he looked at her, nor the fact that she thought he was impossibly hot.

Oh, the evilness of teenage hormones.

"Naruto... God, I can't believe it's you. I missed you so much!" Minxie exclaimed, tired of the silence. She ran over to him and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him.

A grin spreading across his face, Naruto did the only logical thing. He snaked his arms around her waist, hugging his best friend and long-time crush back. He would never say it out loud, but he loved the way her body just fit naturally against his.

"I missed you too, believe it...!" Naruto said, finding his voice once again. That didn't mean that he sounded normal, though. His voice had cracked a bit.

"Ah! You said the line!" Minxie squealed, jumping up and down. She hadn't been that happy in a long while. Being around Naruto again just brought out that natural reaction.

"When did you get back?" They asked each other, once they had parted, at the same time. They laughed.

"Two days ago," Naruto answered.

"A few seconds ago," Minxie answered back, "You know, before you randomly knocked me into the ground and made me roll down a hill."

He laughed nervously. "Yeah... Sorry about that..." He muttered sheepishly, scratching the back of his head.

She smiled, shaking her head as she internally giggled at how adorable he looked doing that. "Don't worry about it. It's routine for us. But still, seeing you again is so awesome! I've missed you impossibly, you know. What have you been doing this whole time?"

"Training like crazy with Pervy Sage. I polished my jutsu a whole lot, too! What about you?" He said proudly.

"Same. I trained like crazy, got a whole bunch of new jutsu, and got into a whole bunch of trouble along the way," She replied, smiling.

"Oh, so you can beat me now?" He asked teasingly.

"Heck yeah!" She answered, punching his arm playfully. "But, I am curious. What were you running from, Naruto?"

His expression immediately darkened. "Um... About that... See, I was running from-"

"NARUTO, YOU IDIOT! I TOLD YOU TO WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GO- Oh my gosh! Minxie?" a feminine voice interrupted. Minxie looked over and saw a familiar pinkette, knowing instantly that it was Sakura. The pink-haired kunoichi had grown as well, although her hair was still short.

"Sakura," Minxie acknowledged, smiling at the pinkette.