Chapter 27-The End!

Luke’s POV:

It is March. Leigha has survived over half a year of college. I taught two of her five classes. She is on Dean’s List, which is honor roll. We’ve spent the past months in school, at the doctor’s, shopping and getting the baby’s room ready. Leigha and Leidy have gotten really close. Leidy is due a few weeks before Leigha. Jenny and Cody moved to California, but they skype us frequently.

I just got done checking papers in my home office. I walk down stairs and hear Leigha scream. I run to her. She is holding her stomach and then she whispers something. She is obviously in pain. Normally, she's all smiles looking beautiful with her baby bump.

“Lee, what is it babe?”

“Time. Baby. Ugh,” she mumbles.

“Um. Oh my god. Um. I have to grab the bags and call our moms and drive and um help you!” I go into panic mood.Leigha looks scared.

“Our baby’s a month early,” she says quietly.

“You both will be fine!” I call my mom first knowing she’d be with Jan.

My mom: “Luke, what’s up?”

Me: “Mom! It’s time. Or Leigha says it is!”

My mom: “Did her water break? She still has a month.”

Me: “Uh. I don’t know and I know.One sec.”

“Lee, did your water break?” I question as Leigha nods her head.

My mom: “Lucas?”

Me: “It did mom! Um We are in the car! Meet us there and hurry!!”

My mom: “Ok Luke. Drive safely!”

Me: “Yup. Oh mom! Call everyone please!”

Leigha’s POV:

After 10 hours of extreme pain we have two little additions to our family. The room next to mine Leidy was in labor at the same time. It was extremely weird. Our family (Luke’s and my own) were outside the waiting room, even Janey, Ed, Kelly and their new baby Eddy. Leidy gave birth to a beautiful little fella. His name is Jason Lucas Clark, he is 8 lbs exactly and is 20 inches. Her family is flying in from Florida this week to see them. Luke and I have a beautiful little girl. Emma-Leigh Sasha Smith is her name. Luke wanted us to use his mom’s name. Janey is already named after my mom. I thought of Sasha as a mix between Sara and Tasha. Luke wanted her to have a part of me so she was Emma-Leigh. Emmy as she was dubbed by her cousin Kelly. Emmy weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and was 17 inches. Both babies are perfectly healthy. Leidy and I are also fine. Our babies share March 21st as their birthday.  

The first time I held our little Emmy she smiled at me looking like she was memorizing me with her baby blues. She had more hair than both her cousins, and she was the youngest. My mom almost attacked me because she wanted to hold her first granddaughter. Tasha hugged me almost like she was afraid to hurt me. I roll my eyes and make her sit by me.

“Lee, she’s so beautiful. She has your face, and Luke’s nose. Luke’s eyes and hopefully your attitude,” Tasha says smiling when she finally gets to hold her niece.

“Aunt Lele?” Kelly says quietly from my side of the bed.

“Yeah hun?

“Can Emmy be my best frand? Because you has Uncle Lukey, Tashy and Sary has each other and now Eddy has Jase,” she says explaining. I think everyone in the room smiled.