Chapter 9-Surprises and Princess Names

Bently’s POV:

I lay there in the peace and quiet. It it's too quiet without Leigha here. I stare at my door, my head pounding. I close my eyes as I hear the door open.

“Benny, Benny boy wake up,” my mom says softly shaking me. 

“I’m up Mom. I was just resting my eyes.”

“Rough night?” She questions. 

“From what I could remember I think so.”

“Guess what I found out earlier,” she says bubbling with joy. 

“What mom?” 

“I think they are dating. They were snug in her bed at the hospital and his hand was on her butt,” my mom states grinning. 

“Serious? I am going to kill him.”

“Benny, don’t she’s happy. She’s so happy. I can tell. They haven’t confirmed it, but I am sure they will soon,” my mom replies.

“I at least need to warn his dumbass. It’s Luke for fucks sake!”

We are at the hospital twenty minutes later. Luke and Leigha sit on the bed in a quiet conversation. Leigha steps into the bathroom to change. I put my hand on Luke’s shoulder. “Bro, we need to talk.” 

“Step into my office,” he sit patting the spot next to him on the bed. “What’s up?”

“I don't really prefer being in bed with guys Luke.. Are you an d my younger sister dating?” I ask almost in a whisper as I stand next to the bed.

“No. At least not yet. I gave her a promise ring. To promise we’d be together one day,” he says nervously. 

“You get her pregnant and I’ll kill you. You hurt her or break her heart and I’ll break your face. You cheat on her and I’ll cut your manhood off."

“Ben, I understand. I’d do the same if it was Sara or even Tasha. I won’t hurt Leigha,” he says quietly.

“I swear if you do anything.. I mean she is my sister and all. And you are my best friend so I have to be supportive and stuff. I don’t wanna hear about your sex life though. I mean that’s ugh,” I tell him fake cringing. 

“I understand and Ben, she’s not 18 yet. Come on bro...” He says with a smile. 

At that moment Leigha walks out with her hair in the most perfect messy bun I have seen. She has on yoga pants that make her look skinny. She has one of my hoodies that was a lot to big on her. She looks beautiful. 

“Leigha, can we talk for a sec.”

“Sure Benny. What’s up bro?” She asks smiling. 

“I just want to say if or when you date my best friend, you treat him good. And don’t use him to get a good grade,” I say with a wink. We both know she won’t need him for a good grade. 

“Whatever Benny,” she says flashing me a smile. She plays with a ring on her right hand on her ring finger. I have never seen it before. And then it clicka. That’s the infamous promise ring. I smile at her and walk away. She gets released minutes later. She hugs the nurses and one givEd me her number. I'll call that later. Tomorrow she will head back to school. She insists on riding with Luke, alone. I am annoyed, but give in to her command. The princess of the house is back and she’s chosen her prince. 

Luke’s POV:

Leigha sits in my truck. I can’t help, but smile. She slisea into the middle and put her head on my shoulder. She grabs my hand and puts it in her lap. She plays with my fingers as I drive. It is a comfortable silence.