Chapter 16-Just Freaking Peachy

Luke’s POV:

Not to sound like a chick, but  that is probably the best kiss I've had, not to sound like a man whore, but I've kissed lost of girls. I look in a mirror and fix myself. I shove my beautiful girlfriend into the supply closet and go to answer the door. “Oh, hi Luke. I was wondering if you could help me with moving something?” Maybell asks me batting her eyes.

“I’m a bit busy cleaning and setting up for a lab.”

“No your not. I know that weird bitch Leigha Clark is in here. I know you two are dating. If you don’t break up with her, then I will get you fired. I  have many ideas..” She said creeping me out.. My heart feels like it falls to the floor. 

“Ok,” I mumble shutting the door. She pushes the door open and spoke.

“Listen, you can’t tell her I’m involved or I will talk to our district superintendent and get your ass taken out like the trash,” she says with an evil smile.

“Ok. What’s in it for you?” 

“You have to take me on a date or two,” she grins. God I hate this lady. She’s like 10 years older than me. She’s kinda pretty, but nothing compared to Leigha. 

“Ok. Now leave.”

“Here’s my number. You’ll need it,” she says with a wink.

I close the door and open the closet to find Leigha sitting on her phone sending snaps Jenny or Cody or someone. “Detention is now over Ms. Clark.”

“Who was it Luke?” She questions smiling. 

“That crazy bitch of an art teacher. Anyway, come over around 6. I need to talk to you.”

“Ok. Hey Mr. Smith, I love you,” She says smiling as she walked out the door. 

“Love you too Lee.” This is going to kill me. This is going to kill her. I can’t do this. I’ll just quit. No Ed would find that suspicious. I pack up my bag with my laptop and papers I should grade, even though I probably won’t.  

When I get home, I decide to drink a beer or two. Then I think I should clean. My house is spotless.  A lot of my stuff is packed up in boxes because I decided it would be best to buy my own place. A little house across the street. I love it. It’s a bright blue and the only thing that made me love it was that it had a huge bar in the basement. I closed on the house last week. I’m thankful because Ben will probably want me far away from Leigha. God I might lose my best friend over this. Finally, after forever there is a knock on my door. 

“Come in!” 

“Luke, where are you?” Leigha yells. 

“In my room. I’ll be out in one sec!” I hear her sit down on my couch. I take a deep breath and walk out. 

“What’s up?” She questions smiling. I almost cry right there. I’m a man. I’m not going to cry. That isn’t going to happen. 

“Leigha, this isn’t easy to say, but someone mentioned they know we are dating. I don't want to lose my job. So I think we should break up.” 

“If that’s what you think is best,” she says as her eyes grew watery. 

“Leigha."

“No. Don’t touch me. I’m fine! I’m ok!” She says making her way towards the door. 

“Are you ok?”

“Just fucking peachy. Oh yeah. Take this,” she says handing me the ring. I almost break down right there. “Bye Luke,” she whispers and with that she was gone. I slide the ring off my finger and feel empty. I can’t do this.