Chapter 1-The Past

Leigha's POV:

*Flashback 10 years ago* (Leigha would be 7 years old)

It was my brother Bently's 12th birthday. I was dressed in a simple pink dress and my blonde hair in pig tails. My family and our neighbors the Smith's all sat on our pool deck celebrating my brother's birthday. My mom and Mrs. Smith, who we have always called Auntie Em were in the house getting the cake and ice cream. My dad, Benny (Bently), Auntie Em's son Luke, and Benny's friend Toby were all in the pool. I sat on the edge dipping my feet in with my  four year old sister Tashy (Tasha), Sara Smith and Janey Smith. "Lele get in the pool!" Benny yelled.

"No. I don't wanna mess up my hair." I replied touching my pigtails.

"You're such a little girl Lele!" Luke yelled back at me. Benny looked over a Luke and they both had evil smirks. They both got out of the pool. I got up to run. Luke started to chase me. I looked back to see where he was and ended up running into Auntie Em.

"Auntie Em help!" I yelled as the boys grabbed me. Benny took my arms and Luke took my legs. They threw me into the pool. I couldn't even plug my nose. Dad and Auntie Em just laughed because the boys always pick on me.

"There you go Lee!" Luke said with an evil smirk.

"I hate you Lucas Ethan Smith!" I said fake pouting.

"Love you too baby doll," he said smiling.

"I'll never forgive you!" I said back and turned toward the house.

"Leigha what's wrong honey and why are you all wet?" My mom asked as I walked into the house dripping water on the wood floor.

"The boys are so mean. I hate them. They threw me in the pool," I exclaimed.

"Benny's just doing it because he's your brother. Now Lucas might do it because he has a crush on you. Boys are sometimes mean if they have a crush. Lee honey, I know you love them. Now go put your bathing suit on and come out for cake," she said smiling.

"He can't like me. He's almost in middle school Mom. That's gross!" I yelled.

"Why are you blushing? Do you like Luke?" She asked smiling.

"No. Ew. He's like my brother! I'm going to my room!" I yelled running down the hallway. I slipped on the wet wood floor. As I was falling someone caught me.

"Watch it Lele!" Luke said smiling.

"Go away!" I said sticking my tongue out.

"I just saved your life baby doll. You owe me and don't forget it," he said walking away. He wouldn't let me forget that he saved me, even though it wasn't major.

*Fast Forward 5 years* (Leigha would be 12, and the boys 17. Still Leigha’s POV)

My best friends Jenny, Cody and I quietly snuck across the front yard towards the pool deck late one night. My brother and his friends were having a party and we weren’t allowed in the house. We were suppose to be a Jenny’s down the street, but we wanted to spy. Jenny and Cody were hiding on the sides of the house. I reached the pool deck to find a drunk Luke with his feet in the pool. “Lele I hear your flip flops!” He yelled not looking up.

“Damn it,” I whispered quietly.

“Did I just hear the perfect child Leigha Nicole Clark swear?” He questioned the pool.

“Go to bed Luke you're drunk,” I said quietly.

“No I’m telling the pool a secret. You can listen I guess,” he stated. I almost burst out laughing then. “Alright pool. I have a secret. One my best friends don’t even know. I’m in love with this girl. She’s a bit younger then me. Well a lot younger, I realized in this very pool I have a crush on her. One day I hope she will go on a date with me. She basically owes me. I saved her life once when she was 7,” he said.