Chapter 15- You don't lie about food

Luke’s POV: 

The rest of Christmas break passes slowly with funerals and sad days. Leigha shuts me out. She ignores me. She ignores Jenny and Cody too. She finds music as her release. Ben drinks a bit more then he should and Tasha isn’t as funny and annoying.

 It’s the last day of Christmas Break. I wake up early and go get hot chocolate and donuts at Tim Horton’s. I grab them to go and show up at Leigha’s door. I grab the straightened bobby pin that is long forgotten on the top of the door frame and pop the door open on my first try. Leigha is still sleeping. Her small frame hidden under at least 5 heavy blankets. Her hair cascades around her, making her look like an angel. I put the donuts and drinks on her bed table and kiss her forehead. “Who the hell is waking me up at this ungodly hour?” 

“Someone is on her period.”

“Luke, get lost for a few hours,” she says not opening her eyes.

“But babe! I brought you Tim Horton’s!”

“You did?” She questions popping straight out of bed.

“Yeah Lee. I wouldn’t lie about food.”

“Thank god. Food is too amazing to lie about."

“You're not getting out of bed you little shit!” I tackle her back on the bed. 

“Ah shit. Luke stop. Don’t tickle me. Damn it,” Leigha screams as I tickle her.

I laugh as she pushes me away. I remember the food. “Lee, let’s eat kid.”

“Lukey, I don’t want to eat kids. That’s just um weird,” she says trying to hide a giggle. 

“Alright, I guess I’ll take this Tim Horton’s with me.”

“You take one step and you’ll find out how lonely life really is single,” she says smiling. 

“Gosh I’m sorry. Have a hot chocolate.”

“Why thank you love,” she says sipping it. 

We sit on her bed watching some disney movie with Belle. “Don’t you have homework to be doing Ms. Clark?”

“Um no. I already did it all. Like weeks ago,” she tells me smiling. 

“Over achievers nowadays.”

“Don’t you have some tests to correct or something Mr. Teacher sir?” Leigha questions. 

“Nah. I have a t.a. for that.”

“You’re an ass. Just saying.”

“Please don’t tell me you are telling him that he has a nice ass,” Ben says walking into the room. 

“No Ben. She wouldn’t say that!”

“Oh yeah? Hey Luke your ass looks amazing in them jeans,” she says with a smirk.

“Dear god, I don’t wanna hear this. I’m leaving and Luke is coming with me,” Ben tells her grabbing me and pulling me out of the bed. 

“Wait Ben, I’m gonna say goodbye to my boyfriend,” Leigha says standing in the doorway. She kisses me first and pushs me out of the room. “Bye Luke. See you tomorrow at school.”

“Bye Lee. Love ya!”

“Love you too,” she says smiling as she closes her door and locks it. Not moments later I hear her guitar start. I smile at the music coming from under her door.