Chapter 10- Falling

Leigha’s POV:

I stare at the clock. I’ve been laying here for hours. I sit up and pull on a hoodie. I grab my comforter off my bed and wrap it around me. I sit on the balcony and wait for Luke. The door opened 5 minutes later and he emerges. “Hi beautiful,” Luke says smiling. 

“Hi boyfriend,” I say messing up his bed head. 

“Why’d you want to meet?” He questions quietly. 

“I just want to spend time with you alone before school because after school we are screwed. My parents watch me like a hawk and Benny starts his new job. He’ll be like pulling me over for going one over the speed limit.”

“I hope he does!” Luke says smiling. I smack him lightly. 

“I would just tell Mom.”

“Telling your mom wouldn’t really do anything.. Not if you are in jail and waste your one call to me to say I love you,” he states with a smirk.

“You’re an ass!” 

“I learned from the best.By that  I mean your brother,” he says standing up.

“Where do you think your going?”

He picks me up off the ground.

“Let’s go to mine, but you have to be very quiet,” he says not even giving me a chance to talk and he kisses my lips.

“Are you carrying me the whole way?” I question wrapping my arms around his neck. 

“Yes ma’am. Oh shit,” he mumble as he trips over Belle and she squeals. He drops me and I land on my ass. 

“What the hell?” Benny says slamming the door open and holding his gun out. Luke and I sit on the floor laughing. 

“Don’t shoot!” I yell putting my hands up and laughing. 

“Leigha?” My mom says coming running. 

“What the hell?” My dad asks coming to the scene. 

“Hi. Guess I’ll leave now. Hey Leigha. Don’t be such a clutz, hun,” Luke says helping me off the ground. 

“Lucas, what are you doing with my daughter?” My dad asks. 

“Yeah Luke. What the hell?” Benny says putting his gun back in the holster. 

“Leigha and I have always done this. We get up on nights one of us can’t sleep and go sit on the balcony and talk. She was getting sleepy so I picked her up and was carrying her to bed. I tripped over Belle and then kinda dropped Leigha,” he explains staring at the ground.

“Damn it. I owe you Jase,” my mom says laughing. 

“Damn straight babe. I told you they wouldn’t be doing that,” my dad says kissing my mom on the cheek. 

“Jesus Mom, what don’t you bet on?” Benny asks. 

“You, because you are soo unexpected Benny boy,” Mom says hugging him. 

“Get back to bed everyone,” Dad says rolling his eyes. Luke jumps into my bed and gets a dirty look from my dad. 

“Don’t worry Uncle Jason. We are just going to talk. I promise,” Luke says smiling. Benny rolls his eyes and everyone exits my room.  

We lay on my bed for an hour. “Babydoll, I have to leave soon,” He complains as he sits on me.