Chapter 26-Happy Ever After

Leigha’s POV:

“Luke what should I pack for this trip?”

“Pack comfy clothes and a bathing suit,” he says smiling as he packs his clothes into our suitcase. We have been married for almost 3 days.

“Where are we going?”

“Not far. We will be back Saturday,” he says smiling.

“I’m ready.”

“Me too. Here let me get the suitcase,” he says as I close the door for our room. “Let’s go!”

We drive for almost a half hour. We are going down a road where the lake was on one side and the canal to the lake on the other. It is beautiful. At the end of the road we get to a marina type thing. There is Toby and Mandy. “Hey guys!” Luke says smiling yet again. He’s too happy lately.

“Hey Luke. So here’s the boat keys and the jet ski keys. Have fun. We will be at our other cottage on the other side of the lake if you need us,” Toby explains.

“Ok bye guys!” Luke says waving.

“Why are you so happy lately?”

“Because I’m stuck with you and I love that.” He smiles at me with his teeth.

“Your smile is creepy.”

“Gosh Leigha you are so moody lately. Is it your time of the month?” He asks sarcastically.

“Fuck you!”

“Is it?”

“No! Now let’s go.”

We get on a nice speedboat and Luke drives it across what is called the north channel to a small cottage. It wis beautiful. It is on it’s own island and something about it is special. Luke makes me lunch and we sit at the table.Luke is answering some messages for work. I walk outside and stare at the boats.

“You ok?” Luke questions concerned.

“Yup. Are you done?”

“Yeah. Let’s go on the jet skis.” We end up out everyday on the jet skis.

Friday night, I am laying on the couch watching a movie. Luke is checking some papers that had to be done. We had just ate dinner. I feel like I am going to get sick. I run to the bathroom.

“Are you ok babe?” I didn’t reply I got sick again. He runs in and holds my hair back with one hand and rubs my back with the other. “Are you okay now?”

“I think so.”

“Do you feel ok?” He asks looking at me concerned.

“Yeah. Maybe I just ate too fast or something.”

“I’ll be done with my work in a second,” he says helping me up.

“Ok. I’ll be here.” I say with a small smile.  

We get home on Saturday and Luke has to go to his school. I clean the house and Jenny, Sara and Tasha come over. “LEIGHA!” Jenny yells walking in the door.

“JENNY!”

“Hey Mrs. Smith,” Jenny yells as she came in the kitchen where I am sitting on the counter.

“Why are you sitting on the counter?” Tasha asks.

“Well I was cleaning and I got bored so yeah.”