Chapter 12-Following the Plan

Leigha’s POV:

I lay in my bed laughing into a pillow at how ridiculous Luke and I just were. There is a knock on my door. “Leigha, honey can you unlock the door?” Mom yells quietly. 

“No! Go away, I’m fine.”

“Lee, if you don’t open the fucking door I’ll kick it down,”Benny yells. I laugh. 

“Kick it down. I’m fine!”

“Got it!” Tashy yells as the door swings open. That little bitch picked the lock. 

“See I’m fine. Now leave!”

“I’m going to go kick his ass. It was uncalled for and shit!” Benny says angrily.

“Don’t. We weren’t dating. I admit we kissed, but it was nothing. We were just friends and he wants to date Miranda so be it.”

“I’m going to chat with him. No wait he’s coming here to chat,” Benny says smiling as he walks out of the room. 

“Leave! I’ve got to do homework!”

“Homework on your first day back? You poor thing,” Benny says sarcastically.

“Leave me alone!”

He shuts the door and walks away. Luke gets mad because I ignore his calls. I didn’t feel like chatting with anyone. It is just a good night to try and think about homework. Also, to figure out what the hell is going on in my classes. 

Bently’s POV:

I knock on the door of the guest house. Luke answers after a few seconds. He steps to the side and let me. “Before you say anything listen. I love your sister. We were dating. We still are. The thing with Miranda is an act. Your sister is in on it. We are trying to convince our moms nothing is going on,” Luke says handing me a beer. 

“Wow! I almost killed you Luke. Why not let me in on it?”

“You, my dumb ass best friend decided to tell our mom’s that I slept with your sister!” Luke says annoyed. 

“You slept with Tasha?” Toby questions appearing out of nowhere. 

“If he did you think he would still be alive?”

“Well if you put it that way. I guess not. So you slept with Leigha?”Toby questions wiggling his eyebrows.

“No! No one slept with anyone,” Luke yells. 

“What did you and Toby do?” Miranda says walking out of Luke’s bedroom. 

“Mandy, shut up!” Luke yells.

“Mandy, why does your name sound familiar?”

“Mandy is my girlfriend. Mandy this Ben, he is Luke’s girlfriend’s brother and our best friend,” Toby says smiling. 

“Nice to meet you Mandy.”

We sit and drink for hours. It was the typical unusual night for my friends. Luke and Toby get in a fight over what flavor of jolly ranchers are better. Mandy ends up asleep on the top of the counter. I wake up to see my sister sneaking in. I pretend to be asleep. Luke catches her off guard and kisses her. I watch, it is kinda cute. “Lukey, my brother is watching,” she whispers. 

“Let him,” Luke whispers kissing her on the cheek. 

“No. Does he know?” Leigha whispers stepping away from Luke.