Chapter 12

Violet's POV

The days creep by ever so slowly. I can feel myself losing my sanity. Everyday is the same routine: wake up freed, eat, sit alone, rape, more sitting and crying, eat again, get locked up, fall asleep, and repeat. The dark room seems big every now and then, sometimes they'll try and get me high, and sometimes I'll be stupid and give them an opportunity to hit me. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes I feel numb to the sting. I know I'm dying. I hope I have't been forgotten. Sometimes that idea that no one's searching for me hurts more than any strike to my face. It's been Irene knows how long. I've given up hope. Maybe Irene will have mercy and kill me faster, or let me do it myself. I've lost my will to live.

Aphmau's POV

It's been a few days, and we've been following Zane forever it seems. By 'we' I don't mean the whole neighborhood, just me, Aaron, Lucinda, Zane, Kawaii~Chan, and Garroth. Any more and we'd raise too much suspicion. Any less and we might not be able to defend ourselves against some attack. After all, we're downtown, one of the most dangerous places in the city. There's a reason stores keep their windows barred. Zane's been following some "Sweet scent," according to Kawaii~Chan. I don't know about the others, but I was hungry, thirsty, hot, and tired. Soon enough, however, I realized I wasn't alone. "Kawaii~Chan is hungry and tired," Kawaii~Chan complained. I remained silent. I knew how much Vi meant to both Aaron and Zane, and didn't want to upset them. "Suck it up," Lucinda snapped. Kawaii~Chan whined a little, but said not a word. Suddenly, Zane stopped. He stood on two legs and waddled around, searching for what I can only imagine was the missing scent. I pouted. Even as a dog, Zane was just as tall as me. Aaron saw my childish behavior and hugged me, smiling. This made me feel a little better, but I was still mad at how much taller Zane was than me. 

Zane's POV

I was following Vi's scent, ignoring the throbbing of my feet. Everything was going fine until I lost the scent. It's not like it was fading or anything, I just couldn't smell it very well. The potion, I thought. It's wearing off! I started panicking a little, and soon started to feel a little extra hair forming over my right eye. Before long, I found a very weak trace of the scent, and quickly moved to follow it. After another hour or so, it got stronger. I started running. The scent go stronger and stronger until I was standing in front of a massive warehouse (shown above). I put my paws on the wall and sniffed it, getting another whiff of Violet's sweet scent. I had found her. I howled, and howled and howled. I was beyond overjoyed. "Hold on Zane!" I heard someone yelling in the distance, Couldn't see them, but I heard them. I guess dogs are faster than people. I started barking, too impatient to wait. Suddenly, the huge metal door to my left opened, revealing a heavy set man, maybe in his mid-40's, with an overwhelming stench of cigarette smoke. He look at me, and scowled. He mumbled something under his breathe that I could quite hear, but I heard small bits and pieces. "Damn dog.....noisy....kill it..." he grumbled as he reached for the gun in his coat pocket. I was petrified. He took his silver instrument of death and aimed it at my head. He cocked it, and I ran. I ran like I had never run before. I heard him fire the gun and heard a bullet fly past my ear. I ran faster. I slowed when I found the group, and hid behind someone's legs. Maybe Lucinda's? I didn't really care at that moment. The man had chased me all the way to them. Stubborn and persistent, I thought. I don't get why he didn't just give up. I whined. Someone reached down and petted me to try and calm me down. I realized I was panting heavily. The man finally reached the group, somehow with complete breathe, and asked, "This your mutt?" "Yes he is, why do you ask?" Lucinda replied calmly. "Damn thing was makin' a racket down where I live. Couldn't get my son down for 'is nap." That was the worst lie I had ever heard in my entire existence. I growled, barking just a little. I was pissed off. Lucinda glared at him. "I'm sorry he was bothering you, but was it really necessary to chase him down? Thank you for letting us know, and I'm terribly sorry for the trouble he caused." Lucinda said, gritting her teeth the entire time. He nodded and walked away. When he had left, Lucinda turned her cold stare at me. I cocked my head, still raging at the cruelty of the man. "Explanation?" she asked.  "I didn't do anything, and if you couldn't tell, he was lying through his teeth! I've never HEARD such a lie! Yes, I got excited. But that was NO reason to take a gun to me or any animal." I barked aggressively. Kawaii~Chan listened close, and gasped rather dramatically at the gun part. "Surely he didn't do that, did her Zane~Kun?" she asked innocently. I merely walked away, towards where he left. I pointed my nose and barked again. "That man came from the place I think Violet's being held. Unfortunately, we have no choice but to follow him." I started walking, but quickly saw that my group wasn't with me. I turned back and looked at Kawaii~Chan. "Oh yeah! Sorry Zane~Kun, Kawaii~Chan forgot." she giggled. She started briefly replaying what I had already said. When she had finished, the nodded and followed me back to the warehouse. I don't know about them, I thought. But I am going to get Vi back. Or die trying.

A/N: Ooooo! Spooky foreshadowing? Will something happen to the gang? What's gonna happen to Zane's puppy form? IDK yet so any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks