Chapter 6

*Time skip to three months later*

Violet's POV

I woke up in Zane's guest room. Checking my phone, I saw that it was 10:36. I bet Aaron's not even trying to clean up, I thought. Wouldn't surprise me, though. He's always trying to intervene in my love life. Trying to tease me by getting me to hang out with someone I like or someone he thinks I like. Then, when things actually start to click between is, Aaron comes in all "overprotective brother" and scares him away. Due to this, I haven't had many successful boyfriends. I wonder of that's why he suggested to have Zane show me around, I pondered. Shrugging the idea, I crawled out of bed and got dressed. I chose a silky ink colored shirt with black lace sleeves. Matching that with some awfully short shorts and purple converse, I brushed my hair and left. I sneaked over to Zane's room. Carefully opening  his door, I quietly checked to see if he was in there. He was sleeping peacefully. He snored softly. I smiled. Zane's so cute when he sleeps, I thought. I shut the door just like I had opened it: silently. I tiptoed down to the kitchen and got cracking on making some eggs and bacon for breakfast, pun completely intended. Almost done, I heard something using the stairs. Zane came in, and sat down. He looked terrible. He had bags under his eyes, like he hadn't sleep in days. He laid his head on his arms and blinked, really slowly. I went over to him sat down across from him. "Hey Zane," I said softly. "Hmm?" He grunted. He was worse than I thought. "Zane are you OK?" He shook his head "no." I frowned sympathetically. "You wanna go see a doctor or something?" I asked. He shook his head again. "I'm fine, really, just a little out of it." He was lying through his teeth. "Zane I've known you long enough to catch your lies. What's wrong?" I demanded. "Alright, alright! My Irene! I haven't gotten much sleep lately! Happy?" He wasn't telling the whole truth, but it was good enough for now. "Fine. If your tired, you should go back to bed and sleep a little bit more. Before you do, I made breakfast if you want. I'm also leaving later at 11:30 to go hang out with Katelyn, Aphmau, and the other girls." He nodded and grabbed a plate. I copied. We are in near silence. By the time I finished, it was almost 11:15. "I'm gonna go now, Zane. Bye!" He nodded again in response as I headed for the door. 

Zane's POV

I watched as Violet left. She seemed so excited, it made me happy too. She was right about me needing sleep, though. I wish I could but I cant stop thinking about her. Most of my thoughts these days are of her, and how i had thought about kissing her. What if I had? Would things be different? Those "what if" statements haunted me at all times. I tried not to let it bother, but it's gotten worse. I need to talk to someone about this. Instead of talking Vi's advice, I got dressed and left. I wasn't sure where to go. "Hmmm, maybe Garroth could help?" I wondered. I guess I could try it. I walked over to the guy's house. I knocked on their door, and waited for an answer. Luckily, Garroth opened the door. "H-hi, Zane." he stuttered, clearly confused. "I need to talk to you, now." I told him. He let me in. "Is anyone else around?" I asked. He shook his head. "Travis is at swim practice, Dante is at Nicole's, and Laurence is...Irene knows, Just not here." he explained. Perfect. "Alright, good. I kind of like someone, but I don't know what to do about it." I confessed. "Can you help?" He smiled, almost with a proud expression. "I can't believe my baby brother finally found someone. Who is she?" he asked. "Why does it matter? Can you help me or not?" I snapped. "I might be able to help, but how to help depends on who it is." he told me. I sighed. "Violet. It's Violet." Garroth thought for a moment then looked back at me. "I can't help you. I wish I could, but I'm not sure how to help you when her brother is Aaron." I groaned. "Shouldn't you know, though? You've spent a lot of time with this topic." I reminded him. I knew this would upset him and I might die, but it's fun anyway. "I'm not sure why you thought I could help when you know I've never really had a successful relationship." He said, doing his best to keep calm. I smiled coyly. Realizing what he'd done, he scowled. "Oh haha, very funny." he said sarcastically.  I laughed. He started laughing, too. After about five minutes of solid laughing, it does down. "I'm trusting you not to tell anyone about this, though." I said. He nodded. Praying that someone else had answers, I left. I walked across the street to the girls' house. I hardly knocked when Kawaii~Chan opened the door. "Oh, hello Zane~kun! Kawaii~Chan didn't expect you to be here! Are you here for Vylad~kun?" she asked. I nodded. "Ok! Come in! Kawaii~Chan and Katelyn~sama were about to leave, so it would be just you and Vylad~kun." "K," The only response I could possibly say, I guess. She let me in, turned around and left with Katelyn. "Vylad?" I yelled. "Zane?" he responded. He sounded a but shocked."Yep. I need to talk to you. Garroth was of no assistance." I yelled again. I heard stairs creaking. The door to the basement opened, and Vylad stepped out. "You still live in the basement now that Aphmau moved out?" I asked. "Yeah, I was just a little lazy and decided to stay where I was." he answered. I laughed. He motioned for me to sit down. I did. "What did you want again?" he asked. "This might sound a but awkward, but I was wondering if you had any advice about girls and stuff." He laughed quietly. I laughed at myself, too. He hugged me. "PHYSICAL CONTACT!" I screamed. He leaned back just dying of laughter. I was a little mad at first, but soon joined in the laughter. Finally dying down, he said, "Sorry but I can't help you. I've been too busy with other things that I haven't thought about it." A little disappointed, I nodded and left. I arrived home and realized how unbelievably tired I was. I went to my room and took a bit of a nap.

AUTHORS NOTE!:

If the title of this says Untitled Part 8, I have no idea why it wouldn't save the title. Just know that it's Chapter 6.