[#fourteen]

Katelyn:

"Are we there yet?" I complained, getting tired of walking. I expected Travis to say no, but he surprised me a bit. "Yup." He said, popping the 'p'. He turned to the right and smiled. "Home sweet home." He sighed happily. I nudged him by the shoulder. "Mr. Casanova missed home." I teased. Travis rolled his eyes, a grin on his face.

We walked towards the house, up the front porch steps and rang the doorbell. The voice of a woman replied. "Coming! Coming!" The door opened and there stood in front us was a woman who seemed like she was in her forties or something. I was assuming she was Travis' mother. She smiled. "Ah, Travis, honey! You're here!" She exclaimed excitedly.

Travis smiled in reply. "Sure am." He said. The woman squeezed Travis in a hug. "M-mom!" Travis said, choking. "M-my friend Katelyn is here!" The woman turned to me and if that were possible, smiled a huge smile. She hugged me tightly. "You must be Travis' girlfriend!" She exclaimed. I couldn't breath. I turned to Travis and I could see that his cheeks were a deep shade of red.

"M-mom, we're n-not dating..." He muttered. Travis' mom pulled away from the hug and gave Travis a skeptical look. "What did you say, sweetie?" She asked. I cleared my throat. Now both of them turned to me. "Ma'am, I don't want to be rude, but I'm just his 'friend'." I corrected.

Travis' mom laughed. "Oh darling, just call me Evie." She said. (I don't know Travis' mom and dad real names. Actually, I don't know a lot about Travis AND Katelyn. ._.) I nodded. "Okay now, come in! Come in!" Evie said. Both me and Travis stepped in. Evie closed the door behind us.

I looked around the house and noticed they had a lot of antique stuff in their house. Travis sighed in relief. "It's good to be back home." He sighed. The cheery voice of Evie interrupted us. "Now kids, let's get to the dining room! Travis, your father is waiting for you there." She said.

We both followed her into the dining room. There was a long dining table and seven chairs. Travis' father sat at the head of the table. When he saw Travis, he smiled. "Travis, son!" He cried happily. Travis smiled sheepishly. "Hi dad." He said.

We all sat down and ate heartily. Towards the end of the meal, Travis' dad asked Travis something that surprised us. "Travis, is she your girlfriend?" He asked, rather straightforward. Me and Travis stopped eating and looked at his dad for a moment.

"D-dad, let's please not talk about this..." Travis said, embarrassed. A blush crept up his cheeks. I stopped myself from laughing, since that would be rude. Travis' father nodded in reply, but glanced back at me with an amused look on his face.

"Travis used to hate it whenever I talked about him and his 'friend', Aphmoo, was it? Or was it Aphmeow?" He said. Travis' cheeks turned even more redder. He turned to his father with a scowl on his face. "Dad," He hissed. I snickered. "I don't mind, really, Travis." I said in between my snickers.

Travis stared at me for a moment with a blank expression on his face. Then he shook his head and stood up. "I'll just- just be in the living room." He stuttered and left. I stood up to follow after him, but Evie put her hand up. "I'll go instead." She said, standing up.

I shook my head, smiling. "Evie," I insisted. Evie was about to open her mouth to say something when her husband interrupted her. "Just let the girl go, Evie." He said calmly, a hand on her shoulder. Evie looked at him for a moment. She sighed and finally sat back down on her chair.