Chapter 12 - Don't Panic

Start from the beginning

Harry’s whole body was shaking now and he sobbed into his hands. He was having a panic attack and there was nothing the boys could do for him. Liam felt so helpless, he paced the room as Niall rubbed Harry’s back. Zayn was leaning against the door and holding the handle as someone, Jennifer probably, tried madly to open the door. 

Niall wrapped his arms around Harry, “you need to calm down.” 

Harry reacted badly, shoving Niall away and when he tried to stand he fell to the floor. Harry tried only twice to get up before he committed to lying on the floor and just covered his face with his arms as he sobbed loudly. 

Liam tried to call Louis but there was no answer. He looked at Zayn who also seemed lost. 

“I just want to give Harry his phone.” Dakota called out through the door and Liam froze. 

“What?” Niall hissed he stood over Harry trying to pat his arm soothingly. 

Zayn opened the door, a furious look on his face, “why the fuck do you have his phone?”

Dakota opened her mouth and then closed it. 

“Give it to me,” Zayn glared. 

“I found it in my handbag, I swear to god I didn’t know I had it. I would have given it to him straight away, I just noticed…” 

“She’s a good actress,” Liam snarled snatching the phone from her hand and slamming the door in her face. 

“Tell Harry I’m here if he needs me.” She called out banging on the door. 

After a few moments they were greeted with silence, the only sound in the room was Harry’s gasping as he tried to regain his breath. 

Liam turned the phone over in his hand and walked over to Harry, he leant down and tried to help Harry sit up. Harry’s eyes were puffy his face covered in tears and his shaking hands reached out for the phone. “Why-“ his voice was quiet and shaky. 

Niall shook his head. “I don’t like this at all.”

“She had it on purpose, she had to have…” Zayn said. 

Liam hissed for them both to be quiet, constructing conspiracies about Dakota would make Harry worse. Liam sat next to Harry and let him rest his head on his shoulder. He wrapped a protective arm around him and let Harry cry. Minutes passed and Harry continued to experienced the crushing effects of his panic attack. They boys watched on in helpless silence and Liam simply sat holding his friend. 

Harry looked up at Niall, “did you see him? When you went looking?”

Niall shook his head sitting down on the ground, “I looked everywhere man, I couldn’t find him.”

Harry was a mess and wiped his eyes, his voice was small and shaky. Zayn got him a glass of water and he took it thankfully, after a few deep gulps of the cold water he looked down at the phone, “Why the fuck did she have it?”

Liam shook his head, “I don’t know but I don’t like what she’s doing.”

“What did she say to Louis?” Harry said, his voice raised. 

“No idea man, but he shoved her pretty good. She was rolling around the floor making a scene.” Zayn cracked his knuckles. 

“She’s doing it on purpose, you know that right?” Niall looked worriedly at Harry. 

“I know.” Harry said in a small voice, he opened his phone to see fifteen missed calls from Louis and a text message. 

Liam watched as Harry’s eyes welled up and took the phone when Harry shoved it at them. He read the text and shook his head, “fuck,” Liam sighed.