Chapter 1

Carries POV

"Carrie! You're going to be late for your flight!"

"Im coming mom!" I shouted down the stairs.

Yes I, Carrie Johnson, the girl from a small town in the Midwest, am moving to Los Angeles, California. I'm not sure what to expect. I want to expand my youtube audience. I already have 500k subscribers, but I'm hoping to reach 1 million by next summer.

We arrived at the airport and my mom started crying.

"My little baby is moving away!" she wailed.

"Mom I'm 18, I'll be fine. And I still have the pepper spray."

Yes my paranoid father thought it was important I had PEPPER SPRAY before I moved. It's pink though, so it's all good.

My mom and I laughed. I took a deep breath and walked towards security.

I got through security surprisingly quickly, and got my seat on the plane. A boy around my age, sat beside me. I looked at him, then took another glance. I felt like I knew him. Then it hit me.

" Um hello, are you by any chance Connor Franta?" I asked the boy beside me.

"The one and only!" he laughed.

We both laughed.

" Are you by chance Carrie Johnson?" He asked me.

Wait he knows who I am? So he saw those videos of my horrible dancing?

"Yeah..." I said rubbing the back of my neck," and you know me how?"

"Well I've kinda been subscribed since your Disney Challenge, was it 5 years ago?"

"Yeah." I replied awkwardly.

"So what's bringing you to LA?"

"Same as every other youtuber I guess. A better shot at being successful."

"Yeah, I get that." Connor said. " so have you told your subscribers yet?" He asked.

"No I was going to do that on the plane." Carrie said as she pulled out her Canon DSLR " would you like to help?"

"Of course!"

Carrie turned on the camera and held it out in front of them both.

"hey guys! I am here with the one and only Connor Franta! Connor why don't you tell everyone my news?"

"She's moving to LA!" Connor whisper yelled.