stitches (part 3)

Recap: Y/N filmed an Ask Nash with Nash, Cam, Matt, and Shawn. After they finished, you started being flirty with Cam while they edited the video. Shawn gets jealous and demands for you to make a cover with him. You go to his room and sing "Dreaming With a Broken Heart," and Shawn realizes how great it is singing that with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV

"That was amazing!" You gasp after rewatching the cover with Shawn once more before you post it. Your voices combined so well, and you guys had such a great harmony without even planning it. Your voices just kind of fit together in a way. It gave you this feeling in the pit of your stomach you couldn't place.

"Yeah...," you look up to Shawn to see him already looking at you, "it was." He finishes his sentence with a shy smile. "We need to do more covers together."

"Correction: we need to make more of our own songs together," you correct him with a smirk. He laughs and agrees with that notion.

"Thanks for coming to do this cover, I know I kinda forced the idea on you," he says this with his eyes directed at the floor. Just the tiniest hint of a blush crept on his cheeks.

You laugh and put two fingers under his chin. "Shawn, I'm beyond happy and honored to do covers/ videos, or anything with you, anytime. Remember that for me, okay?"

Before he could reply Matt, Cam, and Nash came in.

"We've finished editing-" Nash was interrupted by Matt.

"No thanks to you two," he chuckles and you stick your tongue out at him.

Nash continues as if he wasn't interrupted. "So we finished, you guys want to watch it with us before we post it?"

You and Shawn agree and all 5 of you crowd in the bed to see the laptop screen where your very strange video is playing.

Of course the boys kept the part where Shawn started the dog pile on you. You simply shook your head and said "really?!" All four of them shushed you and made you keep watching.

The cutest thing happens next. None of the boys pay any mind to it though. After you wiggled out of the human dog pile, Cam managed to sneakily slip his arm around you. His face on camera looks so happy, and you inwardly smile.

You cast a glance at Cam, who is to your left watching the video. He turns when he feels your eyes on him, and gives you wink. You can't help the heavy blush from appearing on your cheeks when he does this. After that he slips your hand in his and you finish watching the rest of the video like that.

Shawn's POV

I think I might die. He is now holding her hand. The same hand that was holding my face only ten minutes ago. And now that spot on my face seems to be burning like needles in my skin.

What does he give her I can't. Is it because I'm too shy for her? Does she think he's better looking? Or is it because he was more popular from magcon?

That's ridiculous. It's Y/N I'm talking about, Y/N. She doesn't like someone just because they are popular or good looking. She has more values than that. She likes someone that can make her laugh when she's sad. Who shares all her favorite songs. Someone who will give her nose kisses and is loyal. I know this, and I know I shouldn't, but I do.

And the worst? I can and want to be all that for her. I want to be her everything. The one she tells about how her day went. The first person she comes running to after a performance to kiss. The one she wants to spend the rest of her life annoying with her corny jokes. Which she knows are corny, yet she keeps telling them. And- I need to stop. These thoughts might kill me one of these days.

*Two weeks later: April 27th

Y/N POV

"And next up is the number one song on the Hot 100: Bright by Y/N!" (bright by echo smith credits to them)

"How?! Omg, I can't believe it!" You squeal after the radio starts to play the opening lines of your song Bright. You and a ton of the people on tour went swimming in the hotel pool and had the radio playing from Maggie's speaker.

Everyone goes nuts, and you get pulled in to many hugs of celebration. You couldn't believe this. Your song is number one on the charts right now. This is insane.

"I'm so proud of you,". Shawn's voice brings you back from your daze of disbelief and you immediately squeeze him tight, him returning the gesture.

" I can't believe I'v gotten this far, and same for you. I wouldn't be here without you. Thank you so much Shawn."

Shawn's POV

My heart was beating a thousand miles per minutes. I hope Y/N can't feel it.

* sorry it had to end like that but I can't really think of anymore.*