The Angel's Ambivalence

Start from the beginning

"You're a selfish, spoiled, ungrateful brat who isn't at peace until everyone's attention is on her. You're a murderer, a curse... I can't stand being around you." -that was something I'd known for a while, something I'd been trying desperately to escape.

"I don't love you, Minxie. In fact, I... I hate you." And then that sentence killed me. That sentence broke my heart completely, leaving it beyond repair. That sentence become the words that would forever haunt me, ripping apart my soul into tiny little pieces as it tore my pride and everything good I'd ever known into little, unrecognizable shreds.

He wasn't supposed to resurface in my mind. I wasn't supposed to think about him. He was supposed to be buried; forever a figment of the past. But no matter how hard I tried... He always came back.

Singing filled my ears, distracting me from the despair-filled thoughts that had flooded my mind; the sweet sound of angel's chorusing in the sunlight. Sakura petals drifted across the air, falling onto the glistening, warm grass. My hair danced around me, the slight, refreshing breeze picking it up and swirling it around. My bare feet squished the soft grass beneath me as I walked towards the colorful sunset, hypnotized by its beauty.

The sun warmed my bare shoulders, and I hugged my gray-green, sunlit dress closer to me as I closed my eyes in contentment. It was so warm here. So perfect. Nothing could make it better.

"Minxie," Someone called. I knew that voice. It was deep, magical. It pulled me in; it was the same voice that teased me, taunted me, and lifted me up all at the same time.

I turned and almost started crying tears of joy at the sight. The raven hair, the onyx eyes, the pale skin... He had it all. This was him.

"Sasuke," I said, a grin making its way onto my lips. Correction. Now, this place was perfect. I ran over to him, practically jumping on top of him as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Finally..." I breathed out, sighing in content as I buried my face into his neck, "I've been waiting for this for so long... I missed you so much."

I waited for a reply, but I didn't get one. I waited longer, but still, I heard nothing. My eyes widened as a deadly familiar ominous feeling crept up my back.

"Sasuke...?" I began, moving my head so I could look at him. I gasped at the sight. Before me wasn't Sasuke; it couldn't be. It had Sasuke's body, yes... But those eyes. Black marks had spread all up his left side, and his eyes were glinting with a blazing, crazed red Sharingan. But that wasn't the scariest part. His expression was the scariest part. It was twisted, looking contorted as an evil, crazed smile was on his face. It was purely maniacal.

"Oh my god... S-Sasuke... What... What happened to you?" I said, loosening my hold on him.

"I happened to him, my dear," A menacing voice said. I turned in Sasuke's arms, letting out another gasp as I saw who it was.

"Orochimaru," I growled, glaring at him.