31. "What a mess is this world..."

Warning: Completely unedited.

___________________________________

I would have to say that Edward's plan had 99% chances of succeeding. But.
But the first step towards the plan sucked too much that I completely disagreed to it. However, Edward did a great job at making me say "All right."

The day we'll start executing the plan will be on Edward's birthday. It was after three days and like every year, there was a huge party at Davis's mansion in LA. I started to pack the very day because now I am going to move back to home completely. I've also decided to start looking for a good apartment to rent. I'll do it after my baby gets born because till then, I'll need my mother to take care of me. Leila and Derek were well informed by us about the plan. To my annoyance, they have now started their own mission of "Shipping Anna and Edward together". It wasn't as if I didn't love him anymore. It also wasn't as if I was thinking that he thought of me only as a friend. I subconsciously knew that he liked me a lot more. I just wanted to give him time. I just wanted all this drama to end first. I wanted to see the bitch behind the bars first. Only then will the happiness of loving him give me pleasure.

When I finished my packing, I checked up on Leila and Derek. They were done too. Our flight would leave at eight in the evening. So we had good five hours till then. I sat near the window of my now empty room of the guest house. I stared outside and watched the busy road continuing its hustle. I hated to even think that right now, Edward was in his private jet with Karen. They left earlier, off course.

"What you're looking at?" A very sleepy looking Derek asked me, accompany me near the window. He sat directly opposite to me, smiling and making his dimple visible.

"What a mess is this world..." I quoted.

"That, it is. But that's what makes it a beautiful place to live in." He softly murmured. His words left goosebumps on my arms.

"Yeah..." I whispered. "We wouldn't know the value of smiling, if the tears didn't exist."

I unknowingly closed my eyes and rested my head on my knees. Faint sounds of the traffic on the roads were audible but that wasn't something which bothered me. I was bothered by Serene silence. I opened my eyes and glanced at him. He was sorrowfully looking out of the window.

"Hey," I called out. "What's wrong?"

He looked at me and his lips pursed. For a moment, he was lost in his own thoughts. Then suddenly he shook his head.

"Nothing."

"Tell me?" I pleaded.

"Leila still think about him a lot. I try so hard...I want her all to myself. But somewhere in between, his memories always pops up in her head. It just..." He paused. "It hurts."

His words made me feel so sad. I just realized how much self absorbed I was being all this time. I always just cared about Edward and what a mess his life is and how should I solve it. I forgot my best friends in between. This was so wrong. I didn't say anything because he looked like he didn't complete it. After a while, he started again.

"For the first time in my life, I actually got strong feelings for a girl. I was always the ladies guy. I never had a relationship longer than a week or two. But Leila...she takes me to a whole other world. She makes me happy. But this is too hard to bear. I hate to see feelings in her eyes for some other guy."

He ran his hands through his hair in anxiety. I kept staring at him and finally, sighed.

"Love hurts, Derek. But the bottom line is that, we never find out when are we gonna fall in it. And when we do, we feel the pain. Leila have had feelings for Kyle for more than six years. It was really hard for her to watch him marry another girl." I explained.
"But you know what's so surprising? That when she looks at you, she finds her safe haven. I have always seen admiration in her eyes when she looked at Kyle. But when she looks at you, she has the calmness, the love, the happiness all at once. Can't you see the bigger picture here, that as soon as you entered her life, you covered the bigger part of her heart. As for him, she was just so much infatuated by him that she also doesn't know how to let that go."