24. "Do you live under a rock?"

Since the hospital I was admitted in was in New York, I was stuck in there again but this time - homeless.
Thankfully Derek had a guest house there, so Leila, him and I stayed there. We planned on leaving on the weekend for home. But before that could happen, an unexpected, unwanted call from Mr Davis surprised me. He called me to ask me about my sudden leave and I told him I was really sick. He understood but told me not to miss the Opening Ceremony of 'The Annward Hotel'.

Can you fucking believe it?

Mr Davis had this stupid rule of giving the right to decide their hotel's name by the people who worked on it. And this time, our whole crew decided to name the hotel in mine and Edward's names shipped together. I mentally cursed myself for being happy about getting this project at a time. I mean, what was I thinking? I really couldn't survive with that jerk face!

At the starting of the project I hated him. Nothing has actually changed. I still hated him, just cause of different reasons now.

So I anyway had to listen to my boss's orders. Ironically, the opening ceremony party was on Sunday - the day we three planned to go back home. But well, now we had to stay here because Derek was invited too and this was a really rich business party so we couldn't arrive without a partner. And Derek will take Leila there. She was really excited to go seriously!

But me? Muahahahaha I just want to laugh at myself.

As I stood in front of the mirror, I could see my body fattening, my boobs growing and my face dulling. My face fell.

I would look so good in party. Not!

Besides, I didn't even have a partner for entering the party. I groaned in exasperation and prayed to God for some miracle.
As if listening to my prayers, God made me a call. Sadly, it wasn't really God but my old colleague, friend, boss whatever you call!

"Mac! Hey, how're you?" I greeted Mac with delight.

"Hello Anns! I miss you in office so much, it's impossible without you here." He said, and I laughed in reply.

"I'll be back soon, dude. Will meet you soon," I said, sitting on the bed of my huge room in the guesthouse and admiring my freshly manicured hands.

"Oh yes, we're meeting really soon. I'm coming to the opening ceremony to see what you've done."

His reply made me jump off the bed.

"Really? You'd come? Oh Mac, you're my hero or something. Will you please enter as my partner?" I asked him, closing my eyes and wishing he'd say yes.

"Uh...Anna?" I heard a hesitation in his voice.

Oh no...

"Yeah?"

"I actually called to ask the same thing so... Off course we can go together! I'm landing in New York tomorrow. Text me the address of the place you're staying in and I'll pick you up on Sunday,"

And that's how one of my problems got solved like a miracle. You know what? Before Edward decided to enter my pretty perfect life, every one of these little problems got solved this easily only. But since he's come, my luck is down the road rotting somewhere.

Great job, Davis.

The week flew away like a passing train. I didn't even remember on the Sunday morning that it was Sunday morning until I got Mac's text saying that how excited he's to escort me and see the hotel I've designed.

To be honest, I was excited too. But just afraid. Afraid of seeing him there and feeling my heart break again.

I pushed away the sinking feeling in my heart, I ignored the gaping hole in my heart again and again till today. But I just know when I'll see him, everything will come back at my face. Destiny will laugh her ass off at me once again.