30. "All right, listen up. I've a plan."

If I hadn't already described how impatient I am about surprises, I would like to ramble about it right now.
I despised surprises. But in this situation, I didn't even know why was this surprise for me? I mean, what would I do with Edward's half brother? Why would he be my surprise?

Oh God Edward said I already knew him.

Fuck what if he's my own brother? Wait a minute, that's not possible because my dad would never do that. Besides, he didn't even have any business to make a deal. So haha not happening.

Sitting in Edward's car after a long time made me all giddy. But that excitement soon died when he mentioned the term 'surprises'. He was driving somewhere really far away from Manhattan and I was already feeling nauseous. Long car rides always nauseated me. He let me open the windows of the car and breathe the fresh air for a couple of minutes. But just a couple of minutes.

This guy wants me dead.

We reached our destination. There stood a tall golden colored building towering over me. When I carried myself out of the car, I literally swooned over the shiny golden texture of the building. Even when I entered the hotel lobby, I was awed at the interior. Sure, it wasn't as good as what I did in my project. Those two were different kinds anyway. But this looked royal. I didn't know which hotel this was and I honestly couldn't care less. I just wanted to meet the damn mysterious half brother. Edward seemed calm about meeting him. He said he was almost a friend of the guy before he found out about the brother theory. Before Edward found out, he was told that the guy was the son of a family friend.
We stood in the elevators now, me with a scowl and Edward with an amused smile. Yesterday's kiss has affected him badly, I'm guessing. Because he's been touchy since he came to pick me up at the guesthouse.
The elevator came to a stop and the door slides open, giving us access to walk in the golden walled corridors. Red velvety carpets laid beneath our feet, making my four inched heel dig holes in them. But it was still somehow comfortable. Though my feet hurt a lot nowadays.

Remind me to stop wearing heels now.

Edward suddenly held my hand, making me stop in front of the door number 3050. I looked at him in a confused state. He ignored me rudely and brought his hand up to ring the door bell. We heard shuffling inside the door for a few minutes and then the door opened, slowly revealing a familiar blonde head. My expressions must have been dumbfounded because he let out a sheepish grin. I shook my head and closed my eyes.

You're just dreaming. Pinch yourself, Anna. This isn't real life. Haha you watch such weird dreams. He can't be Edward's half brother. He can't be-

"Anna..." His voice confirmed me this wasn't a dream. I opened my eyes in a snap and stared at him with wide eyes once again.

"Let's get inside before you pass out," Edward kept his hand on the small of my back, pushing me slightly and muttering these words amusingly.

God damn it! Life's playing with me.

"No, this is unacceptable. You cannot be Edward's half brother. This isn't meant to happen. You're a different person, Trevor. You are far away from this business freaking shit. You never told me while we were- Holy Shit you're my ex boyfriend."

I rambled my way inside the beautiful royal suite. I saw a fruit basket on the breakfast table. My pace increased towards it and I picked up a perfectly red apple and took a bite. Then I sat down.

"Believe it or not, it's true. I'm away from these business things, but you know how much workaholic my dad is and how he's crazy about success." Trevor sat down next to me, explaining.

"Its a shame I was made out of a deal, but I didn't mind as long as my birth parents loved me. They do," he shrugged and said.

My eyes snapped towards Edward who was still standing. His face wore a bored look and his hands made their way inside his jeans pockets

"Why didn't you guys tell me while Kyle's wedding?" I frustratedly asked.

"In my defence, Edward gave me a threatening look of "don't you dare tell her'" as soon as he entered your house that night. Besides, when I found out that Edward is the father of your child, I thought it was better to shut my mouth." Trevor reasoned.

My face turned towards the standing guy, an eyebrow of mine twitched up in a questioning.

"Well....I don't know why I decided to hide it from you while I knew I will have to tell you sooner or later. The time just was not...right." Edward said. He walked closer too and sat at the opposite sofa chair.

I sighed.

"This is more complicated than it should be. You know about Karen, don't you Trevor?" I questioned.

"Yes, I came to know. But honestly, I'm not taking her as a threat at all because I've already talked to Mark about the company's future. I'm not getting much of it. I don't even want to." Trevor said looking at Edward.

"Mark?" I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion..

"My father," Edward stated.

I nodded in understanding. Wow. Trevor called Mr Marcos Davis by Mark. They must be really close.

"Then who the hell is going to be the heir?" I asked out of curiosity and irritation.

"Mark's future daughter-in-law."

My throat felt dry suddenly and my eyes almost popped out of their devices.

"KAREN?" I shouted out.

"I'm not marrying her." Edward growled.

"But Mr Davis thinks you will. If Karen gets to know about this, she'll do absolutely nothing except making you fall in her trap." I said to Edward, panicking and eating my apple faster now.

"Karen doesn't know and she won't...until they actually marry." Trevor said.

Wow. He knows much more about it than Edward. Why the hell Mr Davis behaves like that with Edward? He's their own son. What if he wants to be a musician?

"All right, listen up. I've a plan." Edward rubbed his palms to each other, sighing and saying with determination.

_____________________________________

I know! I know! You guys were expecting a longer chapter but I just had to end it here.

So, shocked anyone?

-Ana