Chapter 19

Being cautious of Tyler, never letting my guard down. I still couldn't trust him the tiniest bit, for some reason I felt safe around him. Strange I know, but yet again, I am a giant tiger who was once human.

Tyler had lead us to a large abandoned warehouse, actually it wasn't really abandoned. There were a few homeless people living in there to but we kept out of sight the entire time as we laid amongst the raided boxes that sat on top of each other, creating large towers and easy hiding from the homeless. Obviously Tyler had been here before, how else would he have found it, and the fact that he already has a bed made with a old blanket and cotten.

'You go sleep over there!' He growled, eyeing the bare cemented floor I sighed and followed instruction. Curling in a ball on the floor I tried drifting off into a sleep, the steady heart beats of the homeless people, which was a two girls and young teenager in the next room was heard along with their muffled talking about looking for jobs. At least they were pushing forward to move on with life, in ways I'm homeless, only in a different way.

Foot steps started to near me, keeping my eyes closed I felt myself get slightly warmer as a blanket was settled onto my back, sighing in content I peered through shaded eyes at Tyler as he settled back in the torn cotten. He really was prepared, he had many years to adjust and now he must suffer with me for now.

It is his fault though, he followed me and proclaimed his stake on me at the moment till I learn everything.

Letting my lids close again I fell into a dark slumber.

Poke

Poke

Poke

Groaning I swatted at the poking sensation.

'Wake up.' A voice said. Thinking my dream was speaking to me I tried shutting it out and falling back to sleep, rolling onto my back. A annoyed groan came from above me. Eye's widening I jumped up, looking at my surroundings in fear. Everything was boxes and shattered wood, the smell around us was really musty and stagnant. My eyes rested on the beautiful creature in front of me, he glowered at me as his long tail swished back and forth behind him in irritation.

'Its night time, which is when we need to get our ass's moving before sun rise.' He gritted. I growled in annoyance.

I don't even know why I was with this guy.

Oh that's right he was pretty much my only way of surviving and he held knowledge on my behalf as soon as I get what I need I'm getting the hell out of here. That lazy jerk over there was far too much for me.

Survival!

Something people really don't take for granted till it's gone and out of their lives forever, never able to make a different choice. Only people like me and Tyler were granted with a second choice to this life even with so much consequence. Stretching I leaped up onto one of the boxes that were still intact as I peered over the many destroyed and untouched boxes at the empty beds on the floor that once had the homeless people in it. At least we didn't have to worry about them getting in the way.

Following behind Tyler as he led the way through the warehouse through the exit doors that no longer contained the red alert sign. Instead it now hung loosely above the door, preparing to fall at any second. 

'So please tell me what I need to know about this world?' I asked as we walked out inot the night air, stealing a deep breath to clear my lungs of the musky smell from inside.

'Well, I'm still learning more each door, like how I learned about another tiger shifter, I never thought I would find you at all so it really was quite a shock and I just couldn't help but investigate you.' He finally answered a question I had been wanting to know for awhile since I first met him, when he kept following me and tracking me down.

'Well, as the years go by you eem to grow stronger, a lot of that is from the knowledge that you gain during those years, that knowledge then feeds your soul and makes you understand the more meaning full moments of life.' He peered back at me with those deep eyes.

'This life is made for those who have much to learn and great pain that has caused your spirit to become unsettled and in order for it to settle it must try and regain that strength, there is many of us, all different depending on the strength we contain in our soul, bringing out the last part of our soul that can salavaged till we can live in peace if we can survive our second life. Which I think you have came pretty close to losing that second chance quite a few times Kenna.' He growled at me as his eyes darkened slightly as he leaped up onto a low rising building, I could hear a train station not to far from where we were, or it was further then I thought and my sensitive ears were picking it up and making it sound further then what it really was.

'What happened to you to earn this life?' I asked interested, a regretful feeling over came my stomach as I saw his eyes glaze over for a mer second. 

'I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked.' I padded over to him, my nails clinking across the cement roofing. Picking up dead leaves that had blown up onto it. 

He shook his large orange head. 'It was a long time ago, I'm over it.' As soon as he said the words I knew that wasn't true, he was living through it each day as he lived, living in a quiet, yet tainted pain as he struggled to move forward as I was with my own life.

'When I was younger...my father abused me and my siblings, I was the oldest at the time I had a brother and a sister. One night my dad got so drunk he got in a argument with my mother at the top of the stairs...then he gripped her arms tightly and pushed her down, I remember watching as her neck contorted to a strange angle with a nasty crack. My sister began hitting my father on the back and I watched in horror as he slapped her tried to take advantage of her...' He cut off with a growl that made me shake, my stomach was so tight with butterflies.

'My mind started to move as I ran to help my sister, my younger brother who was a year younger then me ended up grabbing my sister from him and ran off some where to hide, but I wasn't so lucky and my father caught me, he killed me that night, but I got my revenge after I gained my life back, my soul. I returned  to my father a few weeks after that, finding him hanging from the cieling with a step ladder under him as he laid motionless, the look in my sisters eyes as fear clouded them at the sight of me, she was only 7 and I was 18, that was the last time I saw them after I made sure she was safe, along with my brother but I knew he could take care of her.' 

I sat flabberghasted, he went through so much, he'd seen so much in such a short time, he sacarficed himself for his sister. 

********************

SHORT CLIFFY ;0

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY <3

17 BABY ;)

ANY WHO ENJOY THAT I HAD TO HURRY TO GET IT UP SORRY FOR A LATE UPDATE BUT ILL START GETTING THEM TO UPDATE MORE AS I SETTLE DOWN WITH SCHOOL AGAIN

ENJOY

COMMENT

VOTE

<3 MCK.<3