Chapter 17

It was stupid of me to get involved with the humans, letting them see me, but I wasn't about to let a innocent child die and get raped, I wish that I had someone to help me when I lived through that awful night. No doubt my parents were searching everywhere, the one thing that always nagged at the back of my mind was the fact, the moment I was about to be kidnapped I was on my door step tryingto unlock the door, and still they had gotten a hold of me and never spared me another look as they did the brutal things only mankind can do.

I vowed to myself before going to sleep each day and night that I would find them, and I WOULD make them suffer.

Listen to me, I was crazed on revenge, never a good sign, but I want to see justice on my behalf, especially since my body may never be retrieved.

My feet barely thudded against the gravel road as it was deseted of cars, the sounds of wandering animals were heard, some fighting in the far off forest and some fighting over a piece of road kill, I avoided it all, because once these animals heard or seen me they were gone in a split second. Fearing me as I would have once feared them when I was human, but no, I was bigger, stronger, and just as aggressive with both human and tiger minds.

The stars glittered above me as there were no street lights around me, only a very broken up road that needed serious work. I stopped and approached a large puddle that strayed away from the road, taking large guzzling drinks up with my large tongue, feeling the cool water refresh my spirit, not to far from me the smell of wood burning wafted to my nose, I stared in the distance as I saw a camper trailer and a few people sitting outside roasting hot dogs on a stick, my stomach rumbled as I approached, a few children sat waiting for their parents to finish cooking.

The package of raw hot dogs sat on a portable table far from the eyes of the human family, saliva dropped from my mouth as I eye'd the meaty food, sneaking around the camper towards the fire, the people had their backs to me, not knowing what I was doing, gripping the package in my mouth, cringing as it made a small crackling noise from the plastic it was packaged in. Yet, they payed no attention.

Backing away I stepped back and creep-ed around the camper again before running in a blur, getting far away from them before I stopped and ripped open the package more with my sharp teeth, making it easy access to the delicious food.

Crunching down on the hot dogs my mouth filled with water as I munched on them, it was a moment like this I felt like I had once before felt. Human. A lost feeling I didn't think I'd be able to feel again.

'That taste so good.' I moaned to myself. Lost in the delicacy, I failed to notice a pair of paws stalking towards me. Until I heard the growl. Freezing I sniffed the air before turning.

The scent was not familiar too and animal I knew, it was kind of mixed with something. Turning around, standing tall I held my ground, a bit wary because many of the animals avoided me it would take guts to approach me.

Turning I stared into the eyes of the beast that stood in front of me, shocked was an understatement, and it appeared on my intruders eyes to meet a pair of bright blue eyes, glowing ever so slightly. I was intrigued as they stared into my own green ones, but what got me more was the whiskers, and large snout that held a mouthful of sharpened teeth, they seemed to snap out of it as I did, showing my their teeth and hissing. I took a step back in shock as I became aware of my surroundings.

I was being confronted. By a tiger. A tiger the same size as me, and I could tell the intelligence it held were in it's eyes. Oh my god, they must be a shifter.

That's when I got frightened, leaving the hot dogs I had just stolen behind; I could feel how strong this other creature was, it seemed they meant business to, but I never thought I'd find another shifter amongst myself, Chad had told me I was the only one ever heard of being brought out into my spiritual form, let alone a tiger body, he had heard nothing of it. Which was the reason why I was frightened.