Chapter 18

Kenna's POV

To say I was scared was a understatement, I didn't know this guy who stood in front of me, who I'm pretty sure was intent on killing me just moments before. Tyler stared at me, examining me as his eyes rested on my injured leg. It had reopened once again, bleeding like a faucet. I turned my attention to it to.

'Here let me help you with it.' His voice said in my head. I grunted and stepped away from him as he neared me. Hissing I turned my back to him only making him growl.

'Don't come near me, I'm capable of doing it by myself.' I gritted. His growl was loud as he jumped onto my back. 'Don't disrespect me tigress, I'm far stronger then you, I have more experince then you, and I am a lot smarter then you.' I fell to the ground, being pinned down as he turned his body, that still held mine down. He was right about being stronger then me. I felt his hot tonuge run down my leg, right onto my bleeding wound, scrabbling at the ground to get away from him I hissed in pain, with the odd whimper.
What the hell did he think he was doing?

He cleaned the surrounding area, ridding of all the blood, then lifting his weight off of me.

'There not so ba-' Before he finished his sentence I was running, darting through the trees that helped keep me hidden from the humans, the sunlight bouncing through the trees as it lit my way.

'I'll find you again Kenna, be sure of it.' A voice said in my head. My eyes widen, but I continued running, my leg had stopped bleeding, there was still a sting in it but it was easier to put weight on it then before, maybe he did something to it.

The shock was still present in me as I realized how close I had been to someone like me, another person able to communicate with me, well not exactly person, but all the same, it was scary. I really didn't know how to live this life, and I didn't know how to live my human life to well either, things were going to have to turn to be the best.

My pace didn't seize as I continued till night, and through night I still ran, not breaking once as I ran till the next sunset before I truly felt the exhaustion, slumping down near a large tree with a hole in the bottom, rain started to fall silently, bouncing off the leaves down to the ground where I laid, staring tiredly at the hole attatched to the tree I sniffed it to find nothing currently living in it, raising my clawed paws I cut through the tree, making the hole large enough for my body to fit a bit into it, shielding myself from the rain. Content with the size I squeezed myself into the trunk, turning so my head lay slightly out of it, and falling into a deep sleep, a much needed one after the two day run I had encountered, believe it or not my leg had healed over completely, all was left was a patch of shaven fur and a small scar that was fading fast. Adapting to this life was a big struggle, but the more time passed it became easier to understand more then most, learning quickly to live as a tiger.

******

Yet again days had passed, I hadn't ran into Tyler at all, which made me relax a bit, but at the back at my mind something naggedat my mind. He WOULD find me, there was no sign of doubt about it, casting those thoughts away I lept up into a thick tree, holding myself up on one of the tallest branches, trying to see where the heck I was, all I knew was that I was deep in a forest, looking a lot different then the rainforest, the plants were different and I didn't see many animals that I had learned to live around and feast on. Food was scarcer, harder to come by.

Leaping through the underbrush easily, my paws dug deep into the muddy ground, damp from the previous rains that had made itself know these last couple days. Making everything slicker for me to move amongst. Coming to a slippery slide, I came to a final halt and decided to change direction to my right, walking instead of running.

The smell of humans was strong in that direction. But it pushed me forward that way, maybe I could find food in the town or city. The sound of rushing cars filled my ears as I got closer to the desinated area I had wondered to. Edging to the side of the road, concealed by the trees a large highway was thrown upon me, cars driving at killer speeds, one slip and the person driving would more then likely die. Stepping into view I darted across the highway, a bunch of squealing tires and horns sounded as I jumped over a a pickup truck, the face of the guy driving was flawless, his mouth hung open and his eyes wide as he stared at my gliding figure, jumping onto the top of the trucks roof, leaving a rather large dent in it.

I had to be fast or worse could happen, but I had to get over to the otehr side, where the city lay. From where I ran I could see sky scrapers. A place almost like home, but it wasn't.

Running through the darkness, only being lit by the street lights I ran through the alleys, and some times jumping onto the low buildings roofs. Hiding from prying eyes, sirens filled the night air like any big city would have, the smell of food and exhaust was strong, searching the odd trash can I came up with many wasted stuff, some not even open, I had found a full cake, not opened like most of the food, nothing was wrong with it, and it smelt good, I tore into it, the white icing getting all over my face as I ate.

The pure bliss of eating human food made my taste buds explode. I hadn't eaten anything like this in a long time and now that I have I didn't want to stop, everything tasted to good to be true. How I missed human food. I may just enjoy being in this city for a bit, of course I'd have to hide out in the alleys to not be seen but it would be satisfying for now with the amount of wasted food.

'Fancy meeting you here Kenna!' A voice rang into my head, launching backwards I growled in warning at my intruder, there was only one person who could talk to me.

'Leave me alone Tyler.' I snarled, pulling my lips back, revealing my teeth to him as I hissed. Spittle flying around. The large male jumped down from the dumpster and landed with hardly a sound, scaring a few city rats as they fled to the sewers and buildings. Tyler took a few steps towards me looking very much relaxed considering the situation he was causing for me.

'I told you I'd find you again. Didn't I?' Peering down at the left over food I had just abandoned when he made himself known. This seemed to be frequent, the first time I ran into him was when I was chowing down on the hot dogs I had stolen.

Tyler neared me till he stood in front of me, I could feel the heat of his body seeping into my own.

'I'm far more stronger then you or anyone, I have many strengths. I hope you didn't think it was that easy to get away from me!' As he said this I stood there, Tyler crouched and slid his back under my chin letting his tail sweep lightly over my face. I had the urge to bite it but I stated stock still as he circled my standing figure, I swore he was purring.

He was right, he was far more stronger and talented then me but I wouldn't allow him to hurt my spirit. Standing straighter to make myself look taller and braver he came to stand in front of me again, his tongue stuck out in a goofy expression.

'You know, your not very good at keeping yourself concealed from the humans, you've exposed yourself on the highway carelessly.' Tyler growled at me. Rolling my eyes I stepped back from him, deciding if I should make a run from him or not, he would likely catch me. 

'It's dangerous to be showing yourself around like that Kenna, there is something called shifter hunters. Ever heard of them?' His tone went to dead serious as he glowered at me. 

Saking my head he started to tell me what a shifter hunter was.

'Shifter hunters are vile humans who look to contain our magical spirits to make themselves more stronger, and to harvest our pelts for fun. They have no regrads that we were once human and still slightly are, all we are i animals in their eyes.' His voice became very low and haunting as they drifted into my mind. 

This kind of news would have been very useful to me if I had known but of course not I'm always left in the shadows. 

'Come follow me to a safer place to find refuge for the night.' He said, I nodded, deciding I needed to know more.

Leaping up to the short restraunt roof I followed closely behind as we easily leaped from building to building before the buildings turned to sky scrapers, making us run back onto the ground, having to be more hidden. I was freaked right out now that I knew there was people hunting for shifters.

***********************************

SHORT I KNOW BUT IM KINDA BUSY SCHOOL STARTS TUESDAY FOR ME, ITS MY LAST YEAR AND IM TRYING TO FINISH OFF MY SUMMER TO THE BEST I CAN AND I WAS AWAY FOR A WEEK CAMPING, THAT WAS A LOT OF FUN BUT I SHALL UPDATE SOON IM GONNA TRY BEING FREQUENT

VOTE

COMMENT

SHOUT OUT

FAN 

THX. Mck <3