Chapter 1

Tundra's POV

I breathed heavily as I looked around for an exit. I whimpered when I heard heavy footsteps above me. A few moments later, the door to my cell opened.

"Time for your daily dose of wolfsbane." A guard said as he came closer.

He paused for a moment, looking at my scared form. He studied me for a minute and I didn't dare look at him. I heard shuffling footsteps come closer to me and I back away, whimpering.

"You don't deserve this, no one does..." The guard whispered.

I still didn't look at him, fearing I would be punished.

"I'll let you go." He said quietly as he put on gloves to take off the silver chains around my wrists and ankles.

"Run, don't look back. Shift and run far away from here." The guard said.

I couldn't shift just quite yet, so I weakly ran. My whole body was hurting and I knew I had to leave and go as far as I can. I shifted about halfway off of the territory.

"Get that omega!" The beta, Jack who hurt me time and time again, shouted.

I ran as fast as I could, which was pretty fast, even though I was injured. They chased me but they couldn't get close enough. After a few hours, they gave up and turned around. I found a puddle and I went to drink from it.

I continued running for three days. I couldn't run anymore, I just couldn't. I curled up at the bottom of a tree in the woods and closed my eyes. I heard a twig snap and growls but I couldn't open my eyes or find enough strength to move. I was terrified anyways, I could feel the power radiating off of these wolves.

There was two beta's, a gamma and three delta's.

"Throw her into the dungeons. We'll ask the alpha's what to do with her." I heard a man.

I felt myself being dragged and I was scared. I couldn't go back into the cold cells! I couldn't! I whimpered as I was dragged off.

Kestrel's POV

I wandered the halls of the pack house and sighed. I'm the sister of the alpha, yet every one still worries for my safety. I wish I could explore the world more often.

I heard the whispers of another wolf and I turn around. Two beta's were muttering things like 'prisoner' and 'easy catch'.

Just who are they talking about?

I turn around quietly and go to the prison. I scan the cells and see nobody.

I turn my head to turn around but then I hear a whimper. I turn to face the last cell and see a wolf in the shadows.

I tried to mind link with her but I wasn't able to. I sighed in defeat and paved the bars. She looked at me and cowered back in the corner.

I sat in front of her cell as if to say I was friendly. She just turn and didn't look. 'Kestrel!' Someone mind linked with me.

I turn around and see my my brother Ash, he was also the Alpha. "Yes brother?" I replied.

"Stay away from the prisoner, go for one of your walks or something." He demanded.

I nodded. It was better then arguing with him, his fights can get really dirty. I walk down the cold hallway until I reach the entrance.

I leave the house and the sun rays hit my face. I run behind a tree and morph into my human form.

I have long platinum white hair that went down to my knee caps, ice blue eyes that you swear could freeze the world, and I was quite tall.

I climbed up the tree and sat on one of the branches. I stared at the sun in the middle of the sky.

Tundra's POV

I whimpered as the Alpha shifted and opened my cage. I backed up as far as I could without hurting myself.

"Shift." The alpha growled.

I whimpered and shifted. I was a fairly small person. I probably looked like a twelve year old, even though I was 18. He walked closer to me and I whimpered.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked.

I didn't answer, afraid I would get hurt.

"Answer me!" The alpha bellowed.

I whimpered and hid my small form as best as I could. I felt a hand touch my arm and I started shaking.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." He said softly.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to trespass. I-if you let me go you'll never see me again!" I cried.

I never even got a glimpse of the alpha. I was too scared to even put head up. That always got me hurt.

"Just hold on a minute." The alpha said.

"Look at me." He ordered softly.

I didn't want to look at him because I was scared.

"Please look at me." The alpha begged.

I took a deep breath and slowly looked up. His eyes were soft and caring. Why does he care so much for a rogue? Then I realized, he didn't care because I was a rogue.

"Mate..." He whispered as he stared into my eyes.

He was going to reject me. I know it. He wouldn't want someone as useless and ugly as me. I'm an omega and he's an alpha. He gave me a worried look. I started hyperventilating and eventually I passed out.

Kestrel's POV

'Kestrel. Come.' I hear my brother say. I leap from the tree and land on my feet and on one hand.

I shift into my wolf form and enter through the entrance. 'Where are you brother?'

'In the prison, with the....rogue.' he had a hard time saying rogue. I ran to the prison and saw him in the cell with the girl.

She was now in her human form, passed out on the ground. My brother was sitting beside her on the ground.

I shift and sit beside him. "What is it?" I ask. My voice usually soothes him. "I think," he stops for a moment. "I think I found my mate."

I cover my mouth and widen my eyes. I look at the girl lying on the ground. Her chest slowly moving up and down.

"Are you sure?" I ask. He nods and I hug his arm. "What should I do?" He asks. I tilt my head and shrug my shoulders.

"I'm not sure brother, but as long as you are happy, I'm sure the pack will understand." I reassure him.

"I hope your right Kestrel." He says.