~Chapter 20~

~Chapter 20~

*Lexi's POV*

"STOP! HE'S MY BROTHER!!!!!!"

Running, I launched myself at Ryan, holding him down by his wrist. Looking behind me, I saw Alex holding his jaw and glaring at Ryan and back at me with such black eyes.

" Would you care to explain who the FUCK this is to me Lex?!"

Alex screamed, pointing at Ryan but never taking his eyes off of me.

"I'm Ryan, her mate, you dip shit. Who the fuck are you?"

I heard from under me.

" Alex, her brother." he replied. Looking at me, Alex's eyes went back to a pale blue again. Standing up, he offered his hand and helped me get off of Ryan. As soon as Ryan stood up, I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face in his chest. Feeling his arms wrap around me, I felt a million times better and forgot Alex was in the room with us until he spoke.

"Yo man, sorry for attacking you and shit...I thought you were Derek."

Hearing that coming out of his mouth, I tensed up and prayed that Ryan hadn't notice. Looking up, Ryan didn't exactly look happy at the moment.

"Who's Derek, Lexi?"
Shit shit shit

"Umm....He's a guy that I dated....But it was before I met you!" I added quickly as Ryan pulled away from me. Seeing him turn his head away from me hurt. Slowly but so quietly, I barely heard him say,

"Is he the one that hit you last night?"

"Wait! He HIT YOU?!? Where the fuck is he?!" Alex shouted, his eyes going black again and his nails growing.

Looking at Ryan, I saw his eyes had gone black as well.

"He's probably at his house with his mate." Shrugging my shoulders, I walked past Alex and made my way out of my room and walked to the kitchen. Opening the cabinet, I pulled out a container of coffee and started to make a fresh pot of coffee when I heard the boys come in. Turning around, I looked at my brother and noticed that his jaw was going back in place.

"Anyways, why are you here?"

Sighing, Alex propped himself on the counter near the sink and looked at me before answering me.

" Sage called me and said that you might be home alone after the club last night and said that I should talk to you about what happened with you and Derek. But I guess she was wrong about you being alone." Slowly he turned his head towards Ryan, who was staring at his hand the whole time.

Blushing, I turned back around towards the cabinets, searching for a  cup so I can get some coffee. Still having my back towards both of them, I cleared my throat and told Alex everything that went down between me and Derek and what happened at the club. But i left out the part about me and Ryan coming back to the house and going to my room. Sensing that he was satisfied, Alex said he'd go have a chat with Derek and that he'll come see me sometime when he's not working.

Releasing the breath that I had been holding, I pushed myself away from the counter and was turning around when I bumped into something hard. Looking up, I stared right into pale blue eyes that were filled up with so many emotions I couldn't detect at all. Just as I was about to ask Ryan what's wrong, his soft lips were against mine within a heartbeat, silencing me in the process. As soon as the kiss started, it was over with me clinging onto Ryan's shirt and his hands grasping my hips.

"I'm sorry"

"For?"

"For hurting your feelings and reacting the way I did when your brother said Derek's name." he said, as he lowered his head and touched his forehead to mine.

After about a minute of being in the position, I let go of his shirt and grabbed his hand with mine and pulled him with me to the living room. When he sat down on the couch, I lied down with my head in his lap and looked straight at the ceiling.

"How long did you know Derek for?"

Looking back at Ryan, I wanted to say no but after what happened between us last night, I couldn't say no.

"Okay, I'll tell you."

~pic of Alex~