~Chapter 14~

~Chapter 14~

"What?" he asked dumbly, causing me to arch my eyebrow and give him my 'are you serious' look. Recovering quickly, he took his arms down from the wall and instead leaned his shoulder against the wall, still facing me.

"How'd you know it was me that was staring at you?" he asked, while he took in every detail of my face.

"I didn't. I felt someone staring at me the moment I got into this club and ever since then. Anyway, who are you?" I asked, looking into his eyes again.

Smiling, he looked down at the ground and back up to me before he spoke.

"My name's Ryan. Since we're being accquainted right now, who are you?"

"I'm Lexi. Now tell me why were you staring at me the whole time?" I asked, ignoring the butterflies in my stomach.

Ryan shrugged his shoulders and crossed his arms before answering me.

"I wanted to know if you were really a Succubus. I caught your scent when you walked past me but after i saw you and your friends led a guy to the bathroom, i highly doubted it. I know your friend's are Vamps, so I was a bit surprised when I smelt you in his blood. So tell me, what exactly are you?" He asked, leaning his face close to mine, his sweet breath fanning my face. Leaning back, I looked at him and told him the truth.

"Im part vampire. My friend Sage turned me when i commited suicide 3 months ago. I was nearly dead when she found me. The only way I was able to live was for her to drain me and give me her blood in return. Ever since then, there's been a bond between the two of us. The bond is a side effect of being Shadowkissed. So here I am, still alive." I finished, leaning back against the wall, and looking down at the ground. I felt his fingers on my chin, tilting my head so that i was face to face with him again. What shocked me was that I could sense sadness swimming in the depths of his eyes. Removing his fingers from my chin, he placed his hand against my face, stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"Good thing your friend Sage did what she had to do, otherwise I would have never gotten to meet you."

Confused by his words, I looked at him and asked,

"Why?"

Smilling down at me, Ryan took his hand away from my face and took hold of my hand, intertwining our fingers together.

"Because Lexi, as clichéd as this sounds, but your my mate. Can't you tell?"

Smiling back at him, I nodded my head and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I can tell."

Smiling back down at me, he took my left hand away from his neck and brought it up to his lips, kissing it. Still holding my hand, he lead me to the dancefloor as the Dj played a slow song. The slow song was called 'The End' By Silverstein feat. Lights. Taking hold of my hips, Ryan turned us in slow circles as I wrapped my arms around his waist, and placed my head against his chest.

~Lexi, I see you with some guy. Whats his name?~ Sage's voice asked in my head. Looking over Ryan's shoulder, I noticed Sage and Maddy in similar form as me and Ryan.

~His name is Ryan. And he's my mate Sage. I can tell.~ I told her, smiling at her as she smiled back at me.

~I'm going to Maddy's tonight. You think you can handle being home alone tonight?~ she asked, worry lacing her words.

~You mean I can stay with you?~ I asked, surprised.

I heard her laugh echo in my head.

~Course you can silly! Your room's the same way you left it.~

I smiled back at her, glad that I have a friend like her in my life.

~Ok. So see you tomorrow night?~ I asked.

~Yup!~ She replied back, before she and Maddy left the club for the night.

"You wanna get out of here?" Ryan asked, causing me to lean back and look at him before answering.

"Sure. But wanna go to my place? My roomate's going to her girlfriend's for the night, and I'll be home alone." I told him.

"Sure. I'll follow you there." He said, taking hold of my hand and walking me out the door and towards my car.

"Just follow me then." I called out to him, as he walked to his car.

"Okay!" He yelled back, already climbing into his car and turning it on.