~CHAPTER 23~

~CHAPTER 23~

After giving Ryan the kiss he begged for, he finally got in his car and left to go home. As I walked back into the house, I went straight to the kitchen in search of food. But like every time I come back to this house, there's nothing to eat. Thank goddess we had credit cards around for emergencies like this. After grabbing the card, my phone and keys, I headed out to my car. After switching to the Paramore station on Pandora, backed out of the driveway and headed into town towards the supermarket. After a 20 minute drive I finally made it to the market's parking lot. Finding the essentials(milk, eggs, bread, chicken, hamburger , fruits and veggies ), started loading the cart up with snack foods both Sage and I like.
The check out lines were all busy except for one near the entrance/exit of the store. As I was placing my groceries on the conver belt, laughter was coming from the register. Looking up, Alex was looking back at me with his signature grin.
"I said I'd come see you when I'm not working."
Looking back at him, I crossed my arms watching him scan my items and put them in bags.
"There wasn't any food in the house so I came here to buy stuff. I didn't know you worked here. "
Shaking his head, he rang up and told me the price.
"$208?! I don't think I got enough on the card! "
Sighing, Alex took out his manager card to use his discount for me like he usually does.
"$104. Is that good enough? "
"Yeah it's Fine." Fishing out the card, I swiped it and signed my signature on the little keyboard thing.
"Like I said, I'll see you later, punk." Alex said as he handed me my groceries.
"Yeah , love you too loser."
Walking back out to my car and opening the trunk to put the groceries away, my phone started to ring. Not even looking at the caller Id, I answer it.
"Lexi, please come over so we can talk. I'm sorry for what happened at the club last night. It's just that I still have feelings for you and...."
Before anything else was heard, I pushed on the end button to end the call. Sighing, I called Sage's number but all I got was voicemail.
She's probably still sleeping, I thought as I slid into the drivers seat.
Making my way back home, I was surprised to see another car in the drive way but I didn't know who it belonged to.
This is weird, thought as I struggled with 4 bags full of food and try opening the door, but the door seemed to open on it's own.
Not bothering to close the door behind me, I walk to the kitchen and start putting things away when there was a bang coming from my room.