~Chapter 3~

Not even 3 minutes into the song, i pulled into Sage's drive way. I'll say this, for a vampire, she sure knew how to live. Her house was surrounded with the bloodred roses we planted during the summer together, the front porch covered with spatters of hair dye when we would do each others hair and the house was a couple of shades of black. Midnight, My black Husky, looked up from where she was laying, came running to me as i stepped out of the car.

"Hey beautiful! did you miss me? has Sage been a nice to you?" i asked as i petted her soft coat and holding her. Sure, she may look a little big, but she was still a puppy. i recently got her a while back but had to beg Sage to take care of her since Derek didnt like dogs. For a werewolf, hes such an ass to dogs. As i sat Midnight back down on the ground, i didnt even have enough time to stand up when a blur came out of the front door and i was in a spine crushing hug with Sages arms around me.

"Lexi! Its so good to see you! Its been ages!"

Laughing, i wrapped her in my arms, giving her a hug in return.

"Watch it Sage, or your gonna break my spine. Its good to see you too."

As she let go, the sky started to darken and the rumbling noise of thunder had come with a flash of lightning.

"Lets get inside before we get drenched. C'mon Midnight!" Sage shouted as she ran for the porch, with me and Midnight hot on her heels.