The Warehouse

Kim's P.O.V

She shot me. She shot me twice. Right between my shoulder blades. The pain was intolerable but I forced a smile across my face. 

"Go Josh...go" My voice was strained as I whispered at Josh. I closed the front door slowly as my arm began to feel numb. Selena grunted as she walked over to me and spun me around to face her before pulling me away slightly from the door. I wasn't going to let her get Josh. She tried prying me away but I lay against the doorknob, I felt the back of my top become drenched in blood and my arms felt lifeless. Selena tugged on my arm to pull me and when I realised I couldn't keep her from opening the door I collapsed on top of her so my entire body weight was above her. She squealed. 

"GET HER OFF ME!" She ordered Danny, who took a few seconds to run over to us. He rolled me over onto the floor as I looked down at my arms to see a puddle of blood forming. 

"Now what?!" Danny asked Selena, who got up off the floor. They hovered over me and began the discussion

"I'll have to take her with me! What else?!" Selena said, waving about the gun in her hands.

"Huh? You mean take her with us?"

"Ugh no you fool! You have to go and look for Josh!" My arms officially went numb and before I knew it I was having pins and needles in the upper parts of my legs. I couldn't seem to feel the pain any more, I couldn't feel anything. I just rubbed my fingers over the blood besides me as I looked up at the large chandelier above my head - between Danny and Selena who were standing over me.

"What?! No! He's long gone! We have a plane to catch!" 

"You have plenty of time to get that boy and meet us at the warehouse!" 

"Selena....?" Danny seemed unconvinced. Selena grunted. 

"Help me get her into the car-" My head began to spin and I found it hard to breathe, I dropped my head to the left and....

Liam's P.O.V

"Hmmm...." I opened my eyes and looked around the room. The open safe caught my eye first, and the ruffled bed sheets, there were blood stains in the carpet and holes in the bedroom door. What had happend here, why was it so silent?  I widened my eyes in alarm as I came to realisation as to what had just happened! I slowly rose to my feet as I pulled down the duvet to help myself up. I stumbled towards the door and clutched my head in pain, I patted the area where it hurt most and bought my fingers to my eyes to see the almost dried up blood. I shrugged it off and walked out of the bedroom. Where was Selena? And Danny? And Kim? OH MY GOD KIM! I started limping faster towards the staircase and I began rushing down but as I got to the third step I tripped over my feet and went tumbling down. I groaned in pain as I rolled over. I held my shoulder and continued to groan. I suddenly felt a liquid disperse around my neck, I looked up behind my head and saw...blood...not my blood...but blood...I crawled closer to the main pool of it as I began to weep. Why was there so much blood?!  

"KIM?!" I screamed. "KIM!" I shouted, I continued to scream and her name echoed through out the house. The front door had been left ajar. They must've killed her...she must've managed to get out of the pool and they killed her. Else they would've just taken the money and left! Kim had come to save me...why didn't she just leave the house when she got out of the pool!? WHY?! Why did she have to come and save me!? I pulled myself closer to the front door as I looked out onto the busy main road. Kim was murdered right here...and it's all my fault....

But where was she now? If she was dead why didn't they just leave her here? I tried to do a press up off the floor to stand myself up, but my arms felt too weak to hold up my body weight, it seemed my entire body was aching. I pulled out my phone from my jeans pocket and my hands trembled as I dialled.

"D-Dad...?"

Mr. Mason's P.O.V

I raced home as fast as I could through the mid day traffic.  I was about 3 miles from home and the traffic was going to be like this all the way to my house. Liam had rang me but it wasn't clear, all I heard was him asking me to come home and Liam never asks me to come home. I knew it was urgent, it's just a feeling. I began to get worried and I poked my head out of the car window. I beeped my horn and tutted in disgust at the sign 'ROADWORKS TAKING PLACE. PLEASE BE PATIENT' I undid my seat belt and got out of the car. I took off my blazer and threw it into the car. I pulled off my glasses and folded them before placing them in my back pocket and sprinting home. 

I ran down the pavement. It took me roughly 15 minutes before I reached our road. My heart sank as I clocked eyes on the open front door. "SON I'M COMING" I started sprinting to the door when I saw Josh run down the front steps of our neighbours house. He ran down and lept into my arms. 

"DADDY! DADDY!" He frantically yelled. He buried his head into my shoulder and began to weep.

"What's happened Josh?"

"It's Kim! And Liam! Daddy!" He began to sob and I set him down on the floor. I took him by his wrist and lead him up to the front door, I creaked open the door and saw the light bounce off my son's lifeless body....I felt as if my heart was in my throat. Dropping to my knees, I shuffled towards Liam and saw the dried up blood stains on the floor. 

"Liam? Liam son? LIAM?" I picked up Liam's head and patted his cheek. "Liam?" Liam squinted through his eyelashes to look up at me. 

"Dad?" He croaked. I laughed in disbelief. 

"Oh you're ok!" I laughed and cradled his head in my arms. I picked up his neck and helped him to sit up straight. I put his arm around my neck and pushed him up by the chest to his feet before dragging him towards the steps of the stair case. "Liam...where is Kim?" I asked

"They took her! They took her dad!" Josh told me. 

"Who? Who took her? And where did they take her?"

"Selena and Danny! But I don't know where dad!" 

"Ok son don't worry, we're going to find her" 

"H-How dad?" Liam whispered. I rubbed his back. 

"Does Kim have her phone on her?" Liam shook his head.

"I have no idea" 

"Let me ring it" I dialled Kim's number and waited eagerly for some reply, but instead I heard a faint dialling tone from my bedroom. 

"What the...? It's coming from my bedroom? Why is it so faint?"

"It's probably suffered some water damage" Said Liam, regaining some strength.

"Water damage?"

"Dad we have no time to explain, we just need to find her...and fast"

"But how are we going to do that now?" Josh asked me. I dropped my head and massaged my temples trying to think of some solution.

"There are cameras all around his neighbourhood, we can track her down through them"

"No, it'll take too much time for all of the owners of the cameras to let us gain access to them"

"That is true" It was silent, Liam exhaled deeply.

"I got it!" I whipped my head up at Josh.

"What is it Josh?"

"Kim is wearing her smart watch!"