Or Else

Kim's P.O.V

At the exact same second we both grabbed the gun. I was tugging on it for life, hoping my persistence would pay off and that Selena would let go but instead it just made her even more fiestier. She wouldn't let go so I decided to do something incredibly immature - I began pulling her hair. She yelped in pain as I mercilessly pulled her head down and she let go of the gun to pull her hair away from my hand. As she did so I picked up the gun and jumped off the ground, running away from her towards the hallway. I slid down the stair case banister to save time as Selena cautiously ran down in her high heels. I stopped at the front door and aimed at a startled Selena.

"You aren't really going to fire that gun Kim" She told me. I scoffed.

"Oh yeah? What makes you think that?"

"For starters you aren't even holding it right" I looked down at the gun and tried to figure out how I was holding it incorrectly but shook my head.

"Stop stalling Selena, you're done"

"Oh honey be a little more positive"

"You're standing in a crime scene, there are two people unconscious upstairs and a petrified boy downstairs - you're screwed"

"I'll make this easier for you...just let me have that bag of cash and I'll be gone forever" I laughed.

"Selena, do you hear yourself? I told you it's all over for you!" Selena gritted her teeth in anger.

"NO. IT'S. NOT" Selena looked around the room for some sort of idea when she chuckled and whipped her head up at me. "Give me the cash...or else"

"Or else what?"

"Do you want to risk finding out?"

"I'm not afraid" I said bravely, though fear was building within me. Selena kicked off her heels and before I could ask her what she was doing she sprinted towards the basement. OH MY GOD. I HAD JUST TOLD HER THAT JOSH WAS DOWN THERE! HOW COULD I BE SO UTTERLY STUPID?! I dropped the gun and sprinted after her. I frantically called Josh's name but it was no use. When I reached the pool Selena was standing over the edge of the water and held Josh by his shoulders at an angle so he was hovering over the water in fear. Josh tried to run towards me but Selena had a firm grip on him. 

"Let me have the money Kim or else"

"OR ELSE WHAT?!" I screeched. Selena laughed and mercilessly shoved Josh into the water below. I watched Josh scream for help and get sumberged by the water. I screamed and ran towards the water when Selena laughed.

"You can't swim yourself! How are you going to save him?" I began to weep at the sight of Josh's face become blurrier as he sank to the bottom of the pool. 

"Have it! Have the cash! But for gods sake save him!" I pleaded, Selena laughed.

"I believe there are some air bands in the cupboard...I'd hurry up if I were you...." I heard gurgles from the water as I stared up at Selena in disbelief. She ran to the stairs as I ran to the store cupboard and grabbed a handful of arm bands. I dived into the water and saw Josh, looking petrified, floating near the bottom of the pool. He was still conscious, thank goodness. I grabbed his arm and slid the arm bands on so he began to float to the surface as my body started sinking. I looked around for a solution when Josh tried to talk under the water. He was making kicking actions with his feet, as if to tell me to pounce off the pool floor. I did as I was told but the water resistance held me down. Josh nodded as if telling me to do it again and this time he held my arm, I waved with my other arm and this time didn't stop kicking with my legs either. Josh resurfaced and with all his might tried to pull me up besides him, just as my mouth reached the air he pushed me away from him so I drifted towards the edge of the pool. I knew I had no time to waste and climbed the nearby ladder. Josh swam towards me and I pulled him out besides me. I took his hand and ran up the stairs. 

"Is Selena still here?" He asked me, I remained silent. Towards the top of the stairs I bought Josh behind me and hid him as we walked through the kitchen. I saw the front door and my plan was to drop Josh off at the neighbours but as we approached the door....

"STOP" 

Selena was standing at the top of the staircase, with the bag of money thrown over her shoulder she was holding up Danny by his arm who looked incredibly groggy as if he'd just woken up from a long slumber. Danny's eyes widened as he saw me and he began laughing before spluttering. Selena tutted at him before helping him down the stairs. I looked around for some sort of solution as I ensured that Josh was right behind me. Selena laughed.

"Ohhh well you can't say I didn't warn you"

I walked backwards and pressed myself against Josh. Selena was nearly down the stairs and I was stuck for options. I tried tip toeing towards the front door handle and reached up behind my back for it. I heard Josh gasp quietly and spin around behind me to grab the door knob. He was about to open the door when Selena poised her gun.

"Don't even think about it" Josh continued trying to open the front door to slide out. "JOSH" She yelled, getting angry. I continued to stand in front of him and shield him from the gun. "Kim I am warning you!" I heard the door unlock and heard the sounds of the outside traffic. The wind whipped my back and blew my hair over my shoulders. I could hear Josh's little footsteps descend down the front steps and I looked over my shoulder to see him shooting off down the pavement. 

"GO JOSH RUN!!!!"

BANG