Living Life on The Edge...

Kim's P.O.V

Liam rocked back and forth slowly. 

"I-I...." Liam stuttered. I put my hand on his shoulder

"Just tell me" 

"But there's so much to tell!" Liam explained, beginning to get flustered. 

"Ok then Liam, tel me from the start....why did you go to America?"

"I wanted to become an astronaut" Liam muttered. I gasped

"Wow! No way!" I said, Liam whipped his head up at me. 

"What?" He said in disbelief.

"What?" I replied in confusion.

"Let's just say that definitely is not the usual reaction I get when I tell people that!" I frowned

"Why? Because it's something that kids usually say to their parents at the age of 4 before running around the house in cardboard boxes?" Liam nodded

"Exactly!" 

"And? What's the big deal?" Liam sighed and remained silent, as if the answer was obvious. "Is it because people find it a childish kinda dream?" I took Liam's silence as a yes. "Well those people are just dumb! They're jealous!" 

"Jealous?" Liam picked up his head to look at me.

"Jealous of the fact that they didn't have the stamina or the brains to do something as amazing as this!" 

"You think?"

"I know!" Liam looked proud. "I mean when you're up there in the bright starry sky, going places where no man has ever gone before, exploring the world from all angles, then we'll see how they react!" Liam laughed at me. "So thats the first thing" I said, preparing for the rest.

"Nope that's everything"

"Huh?" 

"That's it Kim...that's the reason behind it all" 

"Behind what though Liam?" 

"The partying...the attitude....the endless expelling....everything" 

"Liam you need to explain

"Kim...My first year of uni was hell. Pure and simple. I would wake up some mornings, with my room trashed. Some times my books would be torn. Once I was suffocated so badly that I had to be taken to hospital"My eyes widened, at first I thought he was joking but when Liam bit his lip in bitterness I knew that he was telling the truth.

"Why?! Why did all of that happen?!" 

"You don't get it Kim! As soon as one person got wind of the fact that there's this nerdy, posh boy Liam who has come all the way from London just to fulfil his childish dream....then suddenly the entire uni finds out, and next things I know I'm being tormented with the help of my own roommate" 

"Well what happened?"

"I had to go to extreme lengths to prove that I wasn't that posh little nerd from London, the measures I had to go to just to prove that I was one of them...." Suddenly all of the pieces of the puzzle were coming together, with all of the different sides to Liam. "I became one of them Kim" Liam said in utter disgust. 

"What did they make you do?"

"What didn't they make me do?!" 

"I was suddenly the one tormenting the newbies, I was now one of the bullies, I'd crash nightclubs at 3 oclock in the morning...I'd harass girls...I'm not proud Kim"

"But you don't seem anything like that when you're home?"

"Because I lock it all away, I'm allowed to be the real me for a while, I don't want anyone to find out at home what I'm like"

"But that letter Liam?...."

"I get them on a daily basis! Listen I know what I'm doing....I'm still going to live my dream. I'm still Liam....deep down" I had this build up of emotion, Liam's story was....moving. I just wanted to hug him and let him now that it was all ok now....

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" He laughed and looked down at me.

"Who was I meant to tell?! Josh is too young. Dads always got his head in his books in the study. Mom's too busy....there was no one Kim" I didn't care, this called for a hug. I shuffled closer to him before laying my head on his shoulder and looking out onto the water. 

"Well you have somebody now" I looked up at Liam and gave him a comforting smile. 

"Thanks....and hey there were some perks to being one of the bad guys" I laughed and hugged my knees

"Like what?"

"I got my pick of the ladies" Liam chuckled, I raised my eyebrows

"Oh yeah? Well sorry London's such a disappointment" I said, picking my head up.

"Nah I wouldn't say so" He said, knocking my shoulder. I tucked the hair back behind my ears and blushed. 

"Well I'd love to stay and chat but I've got to go and try to get this smoothie off me!" I said, standing up and brushing myself off. "Courtesy of someone" I said, looking down at Liam. 

"You know I reckon I have a funner, much more easy way of doing that" I frowned

"What?" Liam looked mischievously into my eyes before smirking. I shook my head softly at first

"No..." I breathed, seeing the evilness in his eyes. I started to run around the edge of the pool and squealed "Don't you dare Liam!" Liam soon caught up with me. "Liam I'm not being funny! STOP!" Liam slid across the slippery floor and stopped to regain his balance. I then ran towards one of the pillars and hid behind them. I peaked behind the corner to see Liam standing on the edge of the pool looking confused. I used this as a chance to strike. I ran full speed at him until he saw me coming and became alarmed.

"KIM! NO!" I gave him a good shove but he only lost his balance slightly, and started teetering on the edge. "Woah" He said, waving his arms about trying to regain his balance. I giggled and took my pinky finger before gently poking him which was enough to send him over the edge....literally. 

-------------------

Wow! I know 2.3K isn't a lot but I'm so happy to see that so many of you have decided to carry on reading! And the comments are amazing to read so please tell me what you think of the story line and about Liam or Kim and I hope your finding the romance element interesting and theres a whole lot more romance to come...especially in the following chapter!

Thanks, Kiz xxx

Oh and p.s I just wanted to say that "EmilyPNash" & "LovedJoana" your support for the book is lovely and also I wanna say thanks to "xoxo31" , "nastyniya" , "18cass" , "abeola" , "booknerd0513" , "haylziee" and "dennze" - you guys make my day! 

p.p.s can i just take a second to say how cool some of your usernames are! : )