Clearing things up

Kim's P.O.V

We were all cosily sitting in the living room with the fire ablaze warming the room. The lights were off with the lamp shade being the only source of light apart from the aluminated TV screen and the roaring flames of the fire. Everyone was sat on the sofas apart from Josh who was lying in front of the fire on the rug colouring away. Liam walked in with his pyjama top and shorts on before sitting down on the single arm chair.

"So son, what gives us the pleasure of your unexpected arrival?" Mr. Mason said, with a little sense of sarcasm in his voice. Mrs. Mason slapped his shoulder playfully before tutting.

"Oh well er...Dad I just thought I'd pay you guys a visit I haven't seen you since Christmas!" He said, stealing the remote off the glass table and changing the channel

"Hey I was watching that!" Josh moaned

"And me!" I added, Liam laughed it off. Josh soon forgot and returned to his colour book whereas I simply rolled my eyes and sighed before standing up. "Hey Josh do you want your hot milk yet?"

"Yes please"

"Oh thanks Kim I nearly totally forgot!" Mrs. Mason said, smiling at me.

"That's what I'm here for!" I replied, walking out of the room.

"Oh could I have some hot milk too please? I want to have a good night's sleep tonight" Liam told me I nodded

"Sure" I walked out of the living room and into the hallway, when just before I stepped out of the room I heard Liam say

"Now listen Liam you don't know Kim that well but I'm telling you that you should treat her like one of us ok? She's apart of the family got it?" I heard Liam laugh lightly

"What? She's just the nanny! She's here to look after Josh and do the odd thing around the house that's it right?"

"Not at all right!" Mr. Mason exclaimed. "Kim is family!" Liam sighed

"Ok ok"

Upon hearing what Liam had to say about me I was absolutely livid! Whilst the milk was boiling I couldn't help but think about Liam thought of me, especially since he shouted at me for making assumptions about him but then he goes and does the same about me! Once I'd made the drinks I put it on a tray and bought them into the lounge, I set it down on the table and walked over to Liam where I stuck out the mug for him to take.

"Oh thanks" He said, cautiously taking the mug from my hand. I pushed it into his face even more so, so hastily that the milk nearly spilt! "Woah steady on" He chuckled, eventually he took it from me and in a split second I spun around and walked off, trying to show I was in a mood with him.

************

I spent the rest of the evening sulking in my arm chair opposite Liam, analysing his every move. He had his phone tucked in besides him and was checking it every second before picking it up, smiling at the text he'd received, replying and then putting it back down. As soon as the film was finished I jumped up off the sofa and went over to Josh who'd fallen asleep by the fire amidst his colouring crayons with a milk moustache. I swiftly picked him up and walked up the stairs with him.

"Goodnight" I muttered, Mr & Mrs. Mason said goodnight as they poured themselves another wine glass.

"Oh Liam go upstairs and open the door for Kim" Mrs. Mason ordered, Liam, without refusal, followed me upstairs. When we got to Josh's bedroom I walked over and lay him down on his bed, I tucked him in and then turned on his night light in the corner of the room.

"Why are you turning on the night light? He's already asleep" I sighed tiresomely

"If you must know, I don't want him waking up in the middle of the night and being frightened because he is scared of the dark, I'd rather him see the nightlight and understand that he's in bed, safe and sound in his home" I stood up before walking out of his room. I walked to the end of the hallway where my bedroom door was

"Anyway....goodnight" Liam said, I ignored him and opened my door. "Hey!" Liam said, I whipped my head up at him.

"Sh! Josh is asleep!" I whispered,

"Goodnight" Liam repeated, I rolled my eyes and still didn't give him a reply. Liam frowned. I turned back around to face my door when I heard Liam stroll towards me. "Why won't you say goodnight?"

"Why should I? I should just do as I am told to, just as much as I get paid for" I stated, not turning around to face him. Liam was getting even closer to me, I could feel his presence on the back of my neck. When he was starting to invade my personal space I spun around. I put my hand on his chest to restrain him from taking another step forward. "After all....I am just the "nanny" right?" I said, raising my eyebrows and looking him straight in the eye. For once there was no smart come back, Liam seemed slightly shocked, and so I used this chance to slip inside my bedroom and slam the door in my face.

Liam's P.O.V

"After all....I am just the "nanny" right?" Kim said, raising her perfectly shaped eyebrows and staring up at me straight in the eye with her big, brown eyes. I was slightly taken back. I recalled back to the moment when I'd said those words, Kim wasn't even in the room when I'd said that! She must've over heard, boy do I feel bad! Before I had the chance to explain myself Kim had gone into her bedroom, even slamming the door in my face. It made quite a difference being just a few millimetres from each other to be faced only against a cold hard door. Oops?

*********

For the remainder of the evening I couldn't think straight, I went back downstairs to sit with my parents for a while but Kim kept playing on my mind, why did she have to hear me say that? Why didn't she give me time to explain myself at least? Gosh she's so...so...fiesty! It's like she is such a good nanny to Josh but with me she's always so hasty! Why is it I only see the cold side to her? I haven't done much to get on her nerves.

"Liam!" I jumped. "Son I've been saying your name for the past two minutes! What's on your mind huh?" I shook my head

"Oh nothing" I explained. Mom laughed at me.

"Well anyway were heading to bed, turn off the TV when you come up" I nodded, when they were out of the room I picked up my phone to read the '4 text messages from Jessica' ,'3 text messages from UNIVERSITY OF YALE' and'4 missed call from UNIVERSITY OF YALE' I sighed and opened up the message from my Uni.

"LIAM R. MASON THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING-" I grunted in frustration and threw my phone down on the floor before walking up to bed, maybe I just needed a clear head in the morning to sort things out

----------

Hoped you liked the update! 

P.S I really think you guys will enjoy the next chapter! ; )