The Treehouse

Kim's P.O.V

As soon as we got home I went into my room and slammed my door shut as if I was a moody teenager, I was about to take a relaxing shower and get into bed when I heard Josh grunting excessively in the next room. I walked out and found him on the floor, with his arm in the leg hole of his onesie and his head in the arm hole! I laughed at him until we managed to sort him out of the little mess he'd made of his onesie before tucking him into bed. 

"I want to swim tomorrow" Josh told me. "Can me you and Liam have a small swim again Kim?" Josh requested innocently, I tapped his nose.

"We'll see, now get to sleep, it's late" I said before walking out of the room. 

"Goodnight Kim...l-love you" Josh said through yawns, I cooed and just before I closed the door Josh whispered. "Is Selena going to be staying long?"

"I hope not" I replied, before closing the door and walking into my bedroom only to hear humming emerging from the ensuite! I stepped in closer to identify the voice, and upon realising that it was Selena, I became red hot. I stormed out of the room and across the hallway to Liam's. I flung the door open to see him at his desk, typing away. "Would you please tell your girlfriend to get out of my room?!" I demanded, Liam looked confused. 

"Huh?" I gave a disgruntled moan before returning to my room only to find Selena standing in the doorway and holding  up my shampoo bottle. 

"Now I understand that your hair must need a lot of help to became remotely satisfying, but please honey, think about the world hm? Don't use too much!'' Selena laughed as she tossed the bottle across the room.

"I'm surprised you even know what shampoo is!" I retaliated, Selena didn't seem surprised to hear me reply. 

"Don't be jealous of the fact that my hair doesn't need as much help to stay so captivatingly luscious" Selena boasted. 

"I can think of something else that needs help" I mumbled. 

"Excuse me?" Selena snapped,

"Sorry, you must have not decided to not bother cleaning your ears out considering you spent most of your time in my shower analysing my shampoo!" Selena scoffed. 

"If you'll excuse me, I've got better things to do than waste my time talking to the help" I rolled my eyes. "Or should I say better people to see...including my boyfriend-"

"Selena" Liam stated in the doorway, with folded arms, glaring across at Selena. The authority in his voice was spine chilling. Selena hummed away as she passed me out of the room. I watched her leave with bitterness and saw Liam give a hesitant smile. "Sweet dreams" He suddenly breathed, how majorly had his tone of voice changed in a second?! This made me smile shyly, 

"Goodnight Liam"

**************

"Kim, honey, just pass me that hammer drill" I picked up the hammer drill from Mr. Mason's tool box and climbed the ladder of Josh's tree house. After the recent thunderstorm had practically demolished half of Josh's beloved treehouse, Mr. Mason decided to rectify the damage. I stretched out my arm and slid the hammer drill across to where Mr. Mason was relaying the floorboards. He sighed and stood up before wiping the sweat off his forehead. "You know what, I don't think that this is going to work"

"Why not?" I asked, Mr. Mason went to step forward and start on the roof when the flooring became uneven, pulling apart enough to be able to see the grass below. "Mr. Mason! Please, step back to me" I said, trying to sound calm. 

"It's fine Kim" Mr. Mason reassured, he put his hammer drill to the wood and began drilling when the existing roof collapsed! Mr. Mason ran back toward the entrance of the treehouse and clutched his head. "Kim, climb down" I did as I was told and jumped off half way down so that Mr. Mason was able to quickly hurry down. Liam stood gawping at me, I stood up and brushed myself off. 

"Thanks for the help(!)"

"There's no need for sarcasm Kim" Liam said miserably. 

"It's become too unsafe if we simply try to repair it, so let's build this thing afresh" Said Mr. Mason as he climbed down the remainder of the tree house ladder. "And Kim, make sure that you don't let Josh go in there, it's too unsafe you hear?" I nodded.

"Josh is not going to be happy, he wanted to invite his friends over tomorrow to show them his treehouse"

"I can maybe get this thing built for the day after at a push, but not tomorrow" 

"I'll go and tell him" I said, walking into the house

"And son you can go and bring me a cold glass of water" Mr. Mason instructed. I entered the conservatory where Josh was running around excitedly.

"Can I go and see it now Kim?" He pleaded, I sighed.

"Josh, your dad said that it'll be done for Tuesday ok?" Josh's face dropped

"B-But my friends are coming over tomorrow!" He whined, I nodded understandingly

"Well we can just postpone" I suggested,

"No! Jack is going on holiday the day after!" I opened my mouth to appease him but before I could talk Josh was already running towards the treehouse!

"Josh! Come back here right now!" I said, calling after him. As I ran out of the house I tripped over one of the deck chairs, I gasped as I whipped my head up and found Josh climbing the ladder! I jumped up and ran to the ladder, jumping onto the third step before actually climbing. Josh was crawling inside when I pulled on his top. "JOSH!" Josh watched as I got to my feet on the treehouse's unsteady ground. "Climb" I instructed, pointing to the ladder. 

"You're right, this is no place to play" Josh said solemnly, as he climbed down. I heard the tree house groan as I tried to hurry Josh up. 

"Josh, I need you to hurry up babe" I said, with a shaky voice. The left side of the treehouse crumbled besides me as I crouched over the edge of the treehouse, Josh gasped and looked up inside the treehouse. 

"BOBO!" He shouted, I looked over my shoulder to see Josh's stuffed teddy bear, sitting against the wood. 

"Get down Josh!" I screeched.

"Not without Bobo!" Josh stubbornly said. I hurriedly turned around and reached out for Bobo. I grunted as I swept him off the ground and turned back for the entrance. I heard Josh grunt as he jumped onto the grass. I gasped as the remainder of the tree house caved in before my eyes, I suddenly became too scared to move. 

"KIM?!" KIM!?" That was Liam's voice! I screamed as I pulled down my head in my hands and ran to the door.

 I squeezed my eyes shut. 

I leaped. 

"How about that for a catch?" I peeped through my eyelashes at the sight of Liam's glistening smile. I exhaled deeply and with relief I let my head rest against him. 

"Thanks for the help" I said sincerely,

"Now Kim, there's no need for sarcasm(!)" I whipped my head up at him and shook my head.

"No I'm being serious! You saved my life Liam...thank you" Liam's cheeky smile dropped as he gazed down on me. Our gaze locked, and he slowly set me down onto the ground, but my hand was still resting on his chest and our lips remained centimetres apart....

"LIAM! KIM! FILM'S STARTING!" Selena called from the doorway, interrupting...nothing....

but everything.

---------------

Hey guys! Thank you so much for the comments on the last chapter! I was wondering if I could get your feedback about the consistency of my updates, I haven't done a set thing such as an update per week but I'm not sure when to update and whether it should be once every two days...? Twice a week...? Any thoughts would really help : )

Thanks, Kiz xxx