Selena

Selena's P.O.V

"Yeah I'm just getting to his house now" I told Drake.

"Listen, he shouldn't suspect a thing Selena"

"Did you not hear where he is?! He's unconscious!" We shared a hearty laugh together.

"Still...this is the most important plan of the year" Drake told me.

"Don't you think I know that?! My uni fees aren't going to pay themselves!" I slammed the phone down and walked up the stairs of the mansion. I rang the doorbell only for a little boy to throw the door wide open.

"Kim!?" His little smile quickly disappeared as he glared up at me. "Oh...hello"

"Hello-"

"MOM!!!" He ran away yelling, a woman around the age of 40 appeared in the doorway with a kitchen towel whipped over her shoulder.

"Hello, can I help you?" Despite her professional demeanour, her voice sounded like it was about to break. 

"I-I'm Selena" I said extending my hand, gosh this innocent pretence was going to be tiresome.

"Erm...?" I gave a false laugh.

"Oh my I bet Liam hasn't even told you about me?" She shook her head slowly. "I'm Liam's girlfriend"

*************

After getting acquainted with Mr. & Mrs. Mason as well as Josh they showed me around the house.

"This is where you will be staying" Mrs. Mason showed me into a bedroom, I looked around the beautifully decorated bedroom. I smiled contentedly and walked back out of the room.

"That is Liam's room, that's mine, that's Josh's and that's Kim's" I looked at Mrs. Mason in confusion.

"Oh I'm sure Liam didn't tell me he had a sister"

"Kim is Josh's nanny, but we prefer to see her as family" I smiled politely.

"Oh, that's so kind of you to let you stay with you"

"It's no problem at all, I mean she doesn't even take the full salary, she'd rather let us keep it as a thank you"

"She sounds...amazing" I said with gritted teeth. 

"She's with Liam at the moment at the hospital...but she'd love to meet you"

"I'm sure she would, I'm going to the hospital now anyway so maybe I'll bump into her" 

"That would be brilliant, and make sure she comes home with you, she hasn't come home since the accident"

"Oh why's that?"

"Well they didn't seem to get on too well at the beginning, but I think slowly but surely they're starting to warm up to each other"

"Great(!) Now Mrs. Mason you wouldn't mind if I went to just freshen up a bit?" 

"Not at all, I'll see you downstairs" I walked into my bedroom and sat on the bed in anger. I dialled Drake's number. When Mrs. Mason texted Drake to tell him about Liam's accident she must've not told him about this Kim!

"Hello?"

"Drake, we may have a problem"

Kim's P.O.V

I rushed to the toilets as fast as I could and sobbed until I felt like I was about to choke on my own tears. 

Liam never told me he had a girlfriend

All of this...everything I'm feeling....it's all a lie!

He says he puts on a mask at school, but is it really that he's pretending with me?

It must be genuine if this girl's come all of the way here just for Liam

But look how snobby she is! And all of the lies! Mr. and Mrs. Mason would never say that about me!

Or would she....?

With all of these thoughts racing in my head I felt as if it was time to go home, if it really is my home?

*************

Before Selena came to see him - if she even means to meet him - I slipped into the room to grab my stuff. As I pulled my coat off the chair I felt as if I was being drawn to Liam's peacefully lying body. I crouched over slightly enough to hear his steady breathing....as I recalled all of our past memories together, and the meaning of them all....if there was any meaning to them at all.

"Why did you do it Liam....was it all a joke to you?" I felt yet another tear escape my eye and it rolled down onto his hand. I stood up straight before wiping my tears and sniffing sharply. "Anyway, you don't need me here anymore, Selena's here now" I spun around sharply and went to take a step away when I felt my hand being grabbed. I gasped and looked over my shoulder at Liam....I looked down at my wrist, which had Liam's hand on! I spun back around and faced Liam, his grip was so tight! I put my other hand on top of his and laughed with delight. "Liam?! Liam it's me!" I felt my heart jump as Liam's eyelids fluttered open. He looked around him before clocking eyes onto mine. I saw the corners of his lips raise and drop continuously. I pulled down his air mask and lay my hand on his cheek and whispered "Liam....?"

"K-K-K-i-i...?" Liam stuttered and croaked until I understood that he was trying to say my name. My tears suddenly became tears of happiness as I laughed.

"I'm here! I'm here Liam!" Liam opened his mouth to talk when Selena burst through the doors. 

"What are you doing to him?!" She stormed over and looked in horror at my hands and Liam's face. I watched her as she broke my hand away from Liam's and replaced his air mask. "Are you trying to kill him?!"

"Selena, Liam was awake!" I explained. I looked back at Liam, only to find his eyes closed. I frowned in confusion. 

Liam's P.O.V

"Why did you do it Liam....?"

"Joke to you.....?"

"Selena......"

Words came into and out of clarity, this was a weird feeling. I was either hearing words as if I had a speaker blaring in my ear, or a whisper hardly understandable! I knew it was Kim, I could sense it...but a tear, a tear was all it took to realise what she was saying. I reached out for something, anything! I wanted her. I felt her. I refused to let go until I felt like she'd realised I was here. I tried hard to force my eyes open, it was as if I hadn't slept for days and my eyelids had become too heavy to lift. 

"Liam?" I saw Kim, I could see her! Sitting right next to me! I had to blink rapidly until things came into focus, but just as they did, I heard Selena's screeches enter the room. Suddenly I didn't feel the need to strain myself....

Selena's P.O.V

That little cow! I ran into the room and watched as Kim tried to suffocate Liam! She'd removed his air mask to try and kill him and take all of his money. NO. That was my ticket to freedom. I ran into the room and put his air mask back on. 

"Selena, Liam was awake!" Kim tried to justify, of course he was(!) I grabbed Kim by the collar and brought her forwards before slapping her across the face. Kim held her cheek in shock.

"You little...." She whispered in anger. She suddenly threw a punch at my chin. I fell backwards two or three steps before regaining my balance. I patted my chin repeatedly to check for any cuts.

"You think I'm going to let that slide?"

"I don't think, I know you will" I scoffed at Kim's cheek!

"Just remember, you're the nanny"

"And you're the guest"