The Confession

Kim's P.O.V

"But I want to tell you something..." I leaned in close to Liam's right ear. I was so close that I could hear    him breathing. I stared straight at him and deeply inhaled. "I....I...." I screeched my chair back and paced around the room as I massaged my forehead. Suddenly the nurse bust through the doors. 

"Sorry it's only me darling" She said chirpily. She drew some notes and pressed some buttons on the machine before heading out where she saw me lurking in a distressed manner. "Are you alright love?" I nodded unconvincingly. She glanced back over at Liam. "You know they say sometimes that when you talk to them, they can hear you" I gave a polite smile. "I don't believe in all that malarky, but anything's worth a try right?" And with that she was off. I laughed to myself

"Anything's worth a try?" I mimicked. I strolled back over to Liam and pulled the chair forward before picking up his cold hand. "You can't hear me" I adamantly stated, as if I was certain. "And if you can't hear me then there's no harm in just...talking?" I sighed and stared down at his fragile hand. I stared for a minimum of 5 minutes. "Do you hear me?" I sniffed sharply. "It's me, Kim!" I raised my eyebrows and leaned in even closer. "Liam...d-d-do you love me?" I laughed at my own stupidity of the idea! I almost tossed his hand onto the bed before looking up at him solemnly. "Do you?" My eyes began to water. "I'm so confused! All of these mixed messages! I mean....why all of this?! Why would push me out of the way of that car?" I placed my cold hand onto my forehead. "Nobody can be so kind and yet allegedly so horrible right?" I thought back to how much Liam had told me about his other life, and how different he has to act. Was this the cause of all of the confusion?! "You're a nice one Liam...you are aren't you?" I rest my head onto the edge of the bed. "I see through it all Liam....I understand it all...you do what you have to do, and maybe that's why I love you for it" I stopped staring at him and looked around at the humming machines, I watched his heart rate line for a few seconds before yawning loudly and slowly giving in to the increasing weight on my eyes....

Liam's P.O.V

"Do you hear me....?"

"It's Kim...."

"Do you love me....?"

"I see through it all Liam....."

"I love you...."

GASP

I looked around me....words had come to me in the darkness. I continued to look around in alarm. I still felt physically and mentally drained. I looked down the bed to see Kim's sleeping head besides me. I slowly tried to regain enough strength to lift my head and lay it on Kim's head. Just as I was about to try and wake her up the doors were flung open! SELENA? SELENA! SELENA?! 

"LIAM!?" I slowly closed my eyes, too much aggro for a split second of consciousness!

Kim's P.O.V

"LIAM?!" I jumped up, causing my neck to suddenly cramp. 

"Ouch" I breathed as I massaged the back of my neck before whipping my head up to see this girl running to the bed. She practically dragged me out of the chair and sat down besides Liam.

"What's happened to him?!" Her american accent was incredibly intimidating. She had a fashionable winter scarf and hat on with a matching coloured creme coat. All I could make out was her luscious reddy brown coloured hair and her perfect facial curves. She looked over her shoulder at me in distress. "WHAT'S HAPPENED TO LIAM?!" She demanded to know.

"H-He had an accident" I said.

"State the obvious why don't you!" 

"He's fine!" I reassured.

"He doesn't look it! And these machines aren't very reassuring either!" I sighed. "HOW DARE YOU SIGH YOU INSOLENT GIRL!" I gasped.

"Excuse me?! Who even are you!?" I said, getting into a defensive stance. She stood up and strutted over to me.

"I'm Selena, Liam's girlfriend" 

"Excuse me ladies I'm sorry but the visiting hours are coming to an end now"

*************

I sat in the waiting room opposite 'Selena', she glared across the room at me every now and then if she decided to pull away from her phone screen for more than a second. 

"Liam Mason?" I practically jumped out of my seat, but so did Selena. The nurse looked left to right to left constantly until Selena stepped forward. 

"Yes?" She spoke as if she was the main person to talk to, as if I were...some girl! I guess I am...who am I to Liam? The nanny? I slowly walked across to them whilst stirring in my thoughts.

"He should be regaining consciousness permanently soon, give or take a few hours really" Selena laughed in joy. 

"That's brilliant news!"

"I know it's been a long night" The nurse sympathised. The nurse darted away and I watched Selena calm down. She stared me straight in the eye. 

"What?" She snapped, wow, I'm getting the feeling that american's aren't one for first impressions(?)

"I didn't say anything" I replied. 

"I know who you are" Selena sneered. I waited patiently. "You're the nanny" I scoffed.

"I'm more than that"

"Oh yeah?"

"I'm family" Selena scoffed.

"You can keep thinking that darling" 

"I will keep knowing that" I stated

"Well it's a funny thing that the Mason's didn't even mention your name when I came straight from their house"

"You've met the Masons?" I asked in astonishment.

"Honey...just go home" Before I had the chance to reply Selena added. "Oh wait I forgot, it's not your home, you just sponge off the Mason's don't you?" A tear formed in my eye. "That's right, I know it all"

"You don't know anything" 

"I know everything"