Saying Sorry

Kim's P.O.V

I watched as Liam walked up the stairs and disappeared into his bedroom. I sat on the stairs for a few minutes, staring at the front door, oblivious to everything else. I was in a trance. I wasn't sure what to do next. I knew what I had to do....I just didn't know how.

"Kimmy?!"

"Wha-?" Mrs. Mason was shaking my shoulder waiting for me to return to earth. I looked up at her innocently. I jumped up and shook my head. "Sorry Mrs. Mason I was just in a whole world of my own" I said, starting to walk back down the stairs to take the hoover upstairs. "I'll just grab the hoover"

"Darlin' where are you going? I've already taken the hoover up" Mrs. Mason told me, pointing to the top of the stairs where it was standing. I laughed

"Oh...right"

"Are you ok Kim?" I smiled.

"Yeah!" I said, a little too dramatically.

"Good. Anyway, my back is playing up a bit so could you just quickly go and give this smoothie up to Liam for me?" I walked back up the stairs and took the glass out of her hand.

"Sure"

"Thanks sweetheart. So me and James are going to Josh's school play tonight" I nodded

"Oh yeah. That's tonight?"

"Yep, oh you should see his little face Kim, he's in the study room right now with James going over all of his lines" I cooed.

"Aww! Well ok, I'll make sure that dinners on the table for when you come home"

"Great, see you soon!" Mrs. Mason gave me a quick peck on the cheek before walking down the stairs. I slowly crawled up the staircase until I stopped at Liam's door. For a few minutes I froze, with my hand clenched up against the door, ready to knock.

Eventually I knocked. But after hearing no reply I knocked again, a little more violently, until I became worried. I nudged the door open, but note to self, if he is nowhere to be seen do not enter the room. DO NOT ENTER THE ROOM. I laughed at how silly I was being, and simply flung the door open. Liam was lying on his bed, on his side, hugging his elbows and had his earplugs in. I stepped into the room,

"Liam?" I walked slowly over to him. "Liam? I've bought you a smoothie?" I was standing over him with the smoothie in my hand, I rested my hand on his shoulder and shook him softly. "Liam?"I shook him even more. "Li-?!"

"AGHHHHHH!"

"AGGHHHHH!"

Liam suddenly spun around. His eyes were wide with alarm, he didn't look angry, but scared. But not the normal scared sorta reaction. He was immediately panting, and he had tears form in his eyes almost instantaneously. He had his hands put up in the brace position, as if he I were some sort of bully. And as he flipped over onto his back to see me, before he put his hands up he accidentally swung his arm around and knocked the smoothie out of my palm, upwards all over my shirt. I let the glass drop onto the carpet and shatter into a million shards. I gasped, and looked down at the fruits rubbed into my top. Liam finally became aware of what he had done and sat upright.

"Oh my god Kim! Are you alright? I'm so sorry!" Liam told me, "I'm so sorry!" He repeated. I ran out of the room, with the smoothie on my top, on my face, in my hair....I was practically a smoothie giant! "Kim! No wait!" I heard Liam suddenly whince in pain from standing up....burying his feet into the shards. I ran back into the room,

"Liam! I'm so sorry! Liam! Are you ok?!" I ran back towards him when he put his hands out, stopping me from stepping forward.

"Kim don't come closer! I don't want you to hurt your feet!"

"Liam!" I whimpered. "I'm so sorry!"

"I'm sorry!" All of these apologies made me become overwhelmed. I rushed out of the room once again and into my room, I sprinted into the shower only to find my shower shelf left without any shampoo! UGH! That means I had to go all the way into the pool room to get to the toiletries cupboard! I paced around the ensuite, dripping across the floor. OK. Action plan : Run downstairs without Liam seeing me, grab shampoo bottle. Run back ninja style. Have a shower. Apologise to Liam awkwardly. Run away to Mexico and change my name to Señorita Selena. Good plan. Commence part one.

I creaked the bedroom door open. Coast clear. No sight of Liam. I ran down the stairs, into the kitchen, down the basement stairs. Into the pool room. Toiletries cupboard located. RUN! I was about to run towards it when the figure in the corner of the room caught my eye. I looked right to find Liam, sitting on the edge of the pool with his feet dangling in the water swaying them from side to side. Well one foot was in the water, the other was crossed underneath him and was creating a small blood puddle around him. He looked upset, with his head kept down, staring down into the water. I walked over, rubbing my arms nervously. I sat down besides him and crossed my legs.

"Where's mom and dad?" He asked me.

"Oh they've already left for Josh's school play"

"Aw man! I never got to wish the little guy luck!" He tutted angrily.

"Don't worry, he was so excited he probably wouldn't have even heard" We shared a little giggle and took in the peacefulness of the illuminated water. I took in a deep breath of courage. "Liam?"

"Hm?"

"What happened in America?" Liam laughed

"What do you mean? I went there to study. I've graduated. Now I've come home" I stayed silent, on his own accord Liam looked into my eyes with sorrow.

"Me and you both know that's not true" I said. Liam sighed deeply, there was blatantly something on his chest.

"I don't know if I should tell you" Liam finally confessed. I tutted

"And why not?"

"I'm not sure if you'd understand"

"Well I'm a great listener....so I'm here if you need me" I said, going by a different approach and starting to get up off the floor.

"Ok wait" Liam snapped, grabbing my wrist. I sat back down. "I'll tell you...."

"So tell me...."

----------------------

Wow! I can't believe how many votes I've had! This is amazing! I'm so happy to see that so many of you have taken a liking to the story! Thank you so much for voting and for commenting I absolutely love reading what you've got to say so don't hesitate to comment! 

Thanks! Kiz xxx