CONTACT WITH MOM

This took place probably around September, 2007 in Austin, Texas. Some of my closest friends and I have always been interested in the paranormal.

My best friend's mom, who had died several years earlier, owned a Ouija board. We always wanted to get our hands on it, but my friend's dad had forbade her to go near it. Being the 15 and 16 year olds that we were, we got a hold of it and snuck it to our other friend's house. There were four of us. We made up a list of questions, some of them involving communications with my friend's deceased mom. We figured since it used to be her board, we'd get good results.

As we were about to start, one of my friends decided she didn't want to be a part of it, so she turned on her TV and zoned out. That left three of us to do it; two sat on one side and one on the other. The first question we asked was: "Is this the best way to communicate with you?" The result was just a few jumbled letters, but later when we were done and went back and looked at what we had written down, it said TVOFF as in "turn the TV off," which makes sense because for best communication there aren't supposed to be any electronics involved.

We asked if my friend's mom was with us. It pulled straight to YES and she instantly started crying. I thought that maybe my friend on the opposite side could be pulling it, until the pointer did a 360 turn under our finger tips! It completely rotated under all our fingers, and that's what absolutely did it for me.

I was always somewhat a believer, but this justified everything. To this day I have the board hidden away in my closet; my friend's dad never discovered it missing, and she lives in a different state now. I have mixed feelings about ever trying to use it again. - Ashley Z.