THE RED-EYED SHADOW FIGURE

When I was about three years old, my father was deeply into the Ouija board, to the point where every time he got home from work he would use it. You're not supposed to use it by yourself, but my father did. My mom was tired of him playing with it all the time, so she hid it in the closet. My father became so expert at it that he didn't need to use the board any longer -- he could write the letters on a paper and his eyes would focus onto certain letters, spelling out words.

This written Ouija board told my father where the real Ouija board was, and he found it in the closet!

Later, when I was about four years old, my father conjured an unknown spirit who said it was someone or something it really wasn't. He had opened the door or window for this thing and it haunted the house for awhile.

My father finally stopped practicing the Ouija board when the spirit, or another, came to me one night when I was sleeping. I had a dream that this shadowy figure about one foot tall with bright red eyes was sitting on my lamp, staring me down. It whispered to me, but I couldn't make out the words. I awoke from my dream -- and there in front of me was the same shadowy figure sitting on my lamp in my bedroom!

I jumped out of bed and ran down the hall. It followed me. I jumped onto the washing machine in the kitchen... and it stopped in front of me. Then I somehow avoided it and ran into my parents' room, where my father was sleeping. It stopped at the door and wouldn't enter the room, I think because my father was in there.

From that night forward to this day, I never remember any of my dreams. ~ Amber