THE DOG FELT IT

As we've seen in previous stories, asking the Ouija to prove itself can lead to unexpected, sometimes unsettling activity. Holly also found that out when she and a friend took out the board on a March night in 2005.

"We didn't have any lights on," Holly tells us. "Just two candles burning. She was sitting across from me, and to the right of me was my dog. He was lying on the floor, just chewing on his bone. My friend and I were trying to decide what question to ask it. Finally, we came up with one."

Usually teenage girls will ask about boys or other giggle-worthy matters, but Holly and her friend had other things in mind. "We asked it if there were any ghosts in the house," she says. "The pointer went to YES. Then, for some strange reason, my friend got the stupid idea to ask the Ouija board to prove itself! The next thing I knew, my dog jumped up, hair standing up on his back, teeth bared, and growling at our front door. He's never ever acted like that toward anything before or after that incident.

"We looked outside the door, but there wasn't anything there. When we came back, the candles were blown out and my dog was back to chewing on his bone. We haven't played with the Ouija board in that house since. That dog is no longer living. I had him put down November, 2005. He had cancer."