THE FACE IN THE WALL

In high school, I bought a Ouija board for one of my best friends, Tony, for his Christmas present. He later gave it back to me because his girlfriend refused to keep it in her mom's house, where they lived. We got hours of interesting conversation with the so-called "spirits," but one particular day sticks out in my mind. It was the middle of the afternoon, and I had a few friends over for lunch. One day, my friend Jay and I decided to whip out the Ouija board. Tony sat on the couch and watched us contact the spirit.

We were probably five minutes into it when all of a sudden Tony starts screaming!

All he could get out was, "A face...! A face...! A face...!" Keep in mind that Tony was a year older, and he was sort of the "tough guy" in school. So to see his eyes tearing and hearing him screaming that loud was not normal.

Once we calmed him down a bit, he told us he saw a face coming out of the wall behind Jay and me.

At that exact moment, the phone rang. It was my mother's cousin -- a priest. What's strange is the fact that he rarely calls (maybe once a year or so), and when he would, he would call my mom when he knew she was home from work (which wasn't until the evening). Being frantic, I asked him if Ouija boards are for real, and he told me that they're evil and I should get rid of it immediately. He never asked for my mother; it's almost as if he knew what had happened.

I am now 21 (I was probably 16 at the time), still friends with Tony and Jay. Tony still swears on anything that he saw a face come out of the wall, and to this day will not come close to a Ouija board. ~ Todd