22. I Bet You Won't Fly Pt. 4

Comenzar desde el principio

"I... look. Love, my love, it's just, we came on this vacation for a reason. That reason is to relax. But, so far, it's been anything and everything but relaxing. I think... I think we should save this. Put it on pause. Pause this, pause us. Save this and continue it the very second we get back into our flat. We can talk about how we feel, for real this time, without all of those metaphors and the not-mentioning-of the-name-as-if-the-other-person-doesn't-know-who-they're-talking-about shit. We can literally do whatever we want, but at home. For the two weeks we have left, can we just... be? Like, be friends? And we can use the metaphors and pretend that we don't see the other person's feelings and do all of that fake shit for now, and then the second we get home, we can strip it all down- wait. No! No, I didn't mean- I didn't mean our clothes, I meant, like strip down our feelings. Like, strip down the metaphors and the fake-ness and just be real. But for now, we do the metaphors. And as soon as we enter the bus and get on that plane to California, this conversation is not to be held until we get back to the U.K. Okay?" Louis says, trying to keep from breaking everything he just said and kissing Harry.

"I... I just- um, yeah. Yeah, okay. Put it on hold. Beep. Pause. That... that was the sound the remote makes. You know th- beep. Beep, beep, beep. You know, bee- I'm done," Harry says, turning a deep shade of red.

Louis dies a little bit. Well, not a little. A lot. Like, a lot a lot. Like, he's dead. Done. Currently speaking with Satan on his placement in hell.

"Okay," Louis says.

"Okay," Harry repeats.

Saved by the bell, the bus pulls up in front of them, the large doors opening. They look at each other and chuckle a bit, and grab their luggage as they board the bus.

Just like before, they go to sit in the back of the vehicle, Harry bumping into literally everyone he passes as he does so.

"Clumsy Kale Smoothie," Louis laughs once they are in their seats.

"Is it me? Am I the kale smoothie? Is that the joke?" Harry asks.

Louis looks at him, deadpanned. "Uh, yeah."

"Oh."

"Wait- I've never even had a kale smoothie before," Kale Smoothie says.

"No, hun, don't play that game with me. I see the bags of kale you have hidden under your bed. You ain't slick," Louis smirks.

"You've looked in my room?"

"You haven't looked in mine? I thought that was a thing we did."

"No, Louis. At least, normal people don't do that."

"Well I'm not normal, am I, Horton?"

Harry let out an airy laugh. "God, no. You are anything but normal. Ow."

"Oh, baby, is it your stitches? Do they hurt?" Louis asks.

Harry squeezed his eyes shut in pain, trying to think of anything but his busted lip and broken face.

Louis grabbed his hand, holding onto it tightly.

"You're okay, I promise. As soon as we can, I'll get you some pain meds. And when we get to the airport, I'll buy you something special," Louis winks, knowing exactly what he wants.

Harry's eyes lit up. "Do you mean-"

"I do."

"Gummy bears?!"

"Gummy bears."

Harry smiled in content, leaning his head down on Louis' shoulders. It was kind of uncomfortable, because Harry had to make his head tilt down so it could reach his small height.