"Is the little guy ready to move?" Chung asked once the duo had arrived. 

"Yup," Amos answered as he was lifted off of Raven's shoulders. "I was so nervous  last night I couldn't sleep well."

"So that's why you two were so late," Chung chuckled, ruffling the top of his fur. "You slept in."

Amos' grin only widened in response," maybe." He stretched the last part of the word.

"Everyone," Eve called out to us. We quickly quieted ourselves down and turned our attention to her, standing beside her was the Ponggo chief and a Nasod representative---her newly repaired drones hovered closely by her side. "These two would like to have a word to us." She said, turning herself around to face the two. 

"Thank you, Your Highness." The Nasod bowed. "As a representative of the Nasods I would like to thank you all for sparing us. It was an honour to know our Queen was willing to keep us older models while welcoming the King's newly built Nasods. We hope to establish a strong relationship with our neighbours and we shall try to work with those who refuse to listen to another ruler."

I glanced over at Eve who was visibly smiling from ear to ear. It seemed like she had finally decided to throw away her usual poker face and emotionless act. 

"I am honoured to have such a loyal and kind following." Eve answered, her voice beaming with joy. 

"You may speak now," the Nasod motioned for the Ponggo to talk. 

The Chief bobbed his head and averted his eyes on us, Eve and Raven seemed to stiffen as his gaze focused onto them," I'm quite shocked at the help you folks gave us." He began quietly. "I must apologize for our rude introduction, it was unfair for us to jump to quick conclusions."

Eve's shoulders relaxed," you are forgiven." She replied. "Especially given your situation, it is only natural to be against our stay." 

"You are too kind, Your Majesty." The chief said---several villagers gasped in response. "This will certainly take some getting used to." He chuckled. 

"You can continue to address me as Eve." She quickly added. "I am not running my Kingdom just yet."

"I understand, but you certainly deserve such a title." The Ponggo's eyes locked themselves onto Raven----Raven shuffled uncomfortably at his gaze. "Raven, is that correct?"

Raven bobbed his head," y-yeah." He rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Look me in the eyes, boy." He commanded. 

Raven took a sharp breath in before forcing his head up, his shoulders rose up to his ears once his eyes had met the Chief's. "You came to us a few years as a criminal," the Chief began stiffly. "But now you stand in front of us as a hero and guardian to one of our own." 

"I-I know there's no way--" he stopped as the Chief held his hand up. 

"It's hard for us to forgive you, Raven." He went on; his voice holding onto his cold demeanour. "I cannot speak for all my villagers, but I can speak for myself when I say I am willing to give you another chance." His eyes seemed to soften. "You risked your life for the peace of our island, as a Chief I cannot thank you enough for saving the island and my village."

"T-that shouldn't be a reason for you to forgive me." Raven replied weakly. "I only did one thing to help everyone. That alone shouldn't be enough to win over your forgiveness. I-I don't deserve your forgiveness until I do more."

"Oh?" The Chief crossed his arms together. "What can you, a human with no social status, do to help us any further?"

Several birds flew over us, their shrill voices called to one another as they flew by---oblivious to situation playing out below them.