35

I reached everyone just in time, the instant my team set eyes on the dying creature in my arms they took action. Elsword and Eve went off to get some water while Aisha and Chung gave it immediate medical attention. Raven and I were left on guard duty, looking out for any stray Nasods wanting to harm us---Yang was also helping us out. 

Raven and I sat in silence, listening as Chung and Aisha rushed to stop the bleeding. I would occasionally glance back to see a pile of blood soaked medical supplies. The thought of operating on the creature made my stomach turn, how Aisha and Chung can stay so calm during the whole thing is beyond me. 

The operation went by in a blur. I was too busy keeping myself from vomiting than paying attention to the drama behind me. 

Eve and Elsword returned with some water at some point, Aisha scolded them both for being late before returning to Amos. While Aisha and Chung put some final touches on Amos, Eve, Elsword, and Raven had a quiet conversation. I didn't bother joining in, I was too dazed to focus on their talk. 

I couldn't help but ponder at the fact that I saved a life. If I hadn't found Amos he might have died already, for the first time I successfully helped someone. I smiled proudly to myself, if only Aren was here to see my success. I bet he'd be proud of me too. 

Leaning back on Yang I looked up at the sky, white clouds stretched along the blue sky like a bird's wings. I wonder if Mother and Father are up there, watching over me each and everyday. I wish I could see them again, I really want to show them how much I've grown and learned. 

"Yo," Chung greeted---sitting himself down beside me. "Why are you so quiet?" 

I shrugged," just lost in thought." 

"You've been doing that a lot lately." He said matter-of factly, he leaned back on Yang. "Here I thought you're always loud and annoying." 

I could say the same thing about you, I wanted to say. Instead I kept my mouth shut. 

"The little furry dude was literally on death's door, y'know?" Chung's comment caught my attention. "If you were a second later he would've died." 

Good job, Ara, you finally saved someone's life. If only you had this strength back then, Mother and Father would still be here if you were strong back then. I thought grimly to myself. 

Chung's eyes wandered to my ripped sleeve," you ruined the robe." He held the ripped sleeve in between his fingers. "You seemed to really like it too."

I shuffled myself a few inches away from him. I didn't expect him to notice, I guess I've underestimated Chung. 

"I'm sure Buch wouldn't mind." I shrugged; pulling my sleeve away from him. "I can always borrow Aisha or Eve's robe." 

"At least you didn't rip your other robe." He said, referring to the one I usually wear. "That thing looks like it costed a fortune." 

"I can always make another one."

"You'd be poor--" He paused. "Wait, you made that one?" 

I nod," it took some time but I did it." I smiled, beaming with pride at my work. "It's not everyday you meet someone who made their own clothes!" 

Something sparked in Chung's eyes. He quickly turned his head away, as if he could see the emotion reflecting off his eyes," yeah." He responds without looking at me.

"Hey you can't get up yet!" Aisha's voice caught our attention.

I poke my head out to see the small furry creature struggling to get up, wincing at his bandaged leg. "Careful, buddy." She placed her hand on his back.