Chapter 6: Pranksters

Duska

As I talk to Undyne my eyes turn towards the heavily sleeping skeleton on the couch with his hoodie acting as a fluffy pillow. Undyne turns her head his direction and smiles wide with her pointy teeth showing.

"I've got a fun idea. We are going to prank the pranker."

I force a smile and follow Undyne as she picks the couch up effortlessly, i'm already worried about what she's planning. Both Toriel and Papyrus watch nervously as she runs outside with the green couch and sleeping skeleton. We all quickly run after her with large smiles on our faces, no one wants to miss seeing the pranker being pranked but we also want to make sure that he doesn't get hurt. I remember someone telling me when I used to live here that he only has one HP, I didn't know what that meant until Dad explained it to me years later. After a solid ten minutes of chasing after her we reach her just in time to see her gently putting Sans onto a carved tree shaped as a small boat.

"UNDYNE... HE COULD USE A SHORTCUT TO GET OFF."

"That's why i'm going to tie him down!"

I cover my mouth to hide my giggle as Undyne grabs some rope from some unseen source and wraps Sans tightly onto the makeshift boat.

"Are you s-sure about this Undyne?"

"Yep! Even if he does fall in, he's a skeleton! He doesn't need air."

She's got logic on her side which makes Alphys not continue to question her but her worried face lingers. Undyne finishes her job and gently places the wooden boat onto the water, letting go once she stabilises it. Sans slowly floats down the river and Undyne starts snickering. She grabs a handful of snow from the ground and expertly throws it at the sleeping skeleton, hitting him squarely in the face.

"Woo! Got him!"

I watch as he tries to raise his arms to wipe off the snow but struggles under the ropes. He shakes his head to remove the snow and raises it to see the ropes.

"hey!! what the hell!?!"

The group on land all begin laughing hysterically as the skeleton wiggles beneath the ropes, only being able to move his head. He looks upside down at the group of us and his eye glows blue.

"seriously!?!"

"That's what you get for sleeping!!"

Suddenly i'm lifted up and shoved into another wooden boat, Undyne holding me down as Papyrus starts tying me with yet another convient appearing piece of rope.

"What!?! Why am I getting tied up!?!"

"BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS TO GO GET SANS!"

"But I can't if i'm tied up!"

"We'll give you something to cut yourself free but you wouldnt do it voluntarily!"

Without another word Undyne shoves a small spear into my hand before putting me into the river and pushing me away. Well then... this is a fun welcome gift. I quickly cut the ropes with the mini spear and start using it as a paddle and steer it towards Sans.

"nice friends i got... won't even let me nap..."

"Yeah, but they shoved me onto a boat with a mini spear."

His head turns towards me and he smiles, just before it turns serious.

"kid..."

"Yeah Sans?"

"undyne didn't put us on the river headed towards the core did she?"

I look forward only to see the river suddenly disappearing into a black pit, with land almost out of sight.

"Would that river have a sudden black pit at the end of it?"

"yes."

"Well then, she did."

We both remain still for a few seconds before Sans starts struggling furiously and I start frantically cutting at his ropes. Why the hell didn't Undyne think of the massive black pit that endangered us!?!

"dus..."

"I'm cutting, i'm cutting!!"

With a loud snap the rope holding Sans down snaps and falls into the river, the black pit looms only a few metres away. Sans shrugs off the remaining rope before forcfully grabbing my hand and making us suddenly appear in a group of snowy trees. The two of us breathe heavily for a few seconds before sighing and calming down.

"okay... payback time..."

"We are not tying them down and sending them into the Core as well."

He pretends to get saddened before walking off and motioning me to be quiet. He moves apart a cluster of snowy pines to show the group all casually chatting by the river side.

"they still haven't realised that it was the river to the core..."

"Will they?"

"alphys will any second now."

As if she heard him she suddenly jumps and starts waving her arms around wildly, her mouth moving almost as fast. The light atmosphere of the group suddenly drops as they all stare at her.

"and she started the snow ball."

Undyne starts freaking out as Toriel gains her stern mother face as she raises her voice at her. Papyrus runs around in circles screaming incoherible words while everyone else looks worried. The two of us quietly giggle in the trees as we watch. Sans suddenly raises his hand with a blue glow around it, Undyne follows the direction it goes. Papyrus jumps in surprise with confusion and worry spreads across his face.

"Wow... Paps is really freaking out."

"he'll be fine."

His hand glows blue and flies to the left with Undyne following suit, crashing into a large mound of snow. 

"she's gonna be like 'snow way!'"

Sans' hand clamps over my mouth as I nearly break down laughing, I see his own smile faultering as he holds his own laughter in. Undyne tunnels out of the mound of snow and summon a glowing blue spear, looking around for whatever ghost grabbed her.

"Sans!! I didn't mean it!! Don't throw me around like a ragdoll!!"

The blue glow returns to Sans' hand as Undyne is forefully thrown into the river, swimming back to the surface seconds later. Sans breaks into contagious laughter and I quickly follow, rolling around in the snow as we do so. I hear the trees shuffling with movement and guess that the others have found us laughing, but i'm too busy doing so to know for sure. I'm suddenly jumped on and I see both Frisk and Chara tackling me.

"Yes you two?"

"Frisk was worried sick! He was nearly in tears!"

I sadly smile at Frisk and give him a hug, his head wedges into my shoulder as he makes himself comfortable. Sans pats him on the back and stands, letting out a few remaining chuckles.

"sorry but that's what happens when you try prank a pranker."

"I actually had no idea that the river lead to the Core! I wouldn't of thrown you on there if I did!"

He waves her statement aside and starts walking back to the house, his grin more layed back then a few minutes ago. Undyne helps me to my feet as I continue to hold Frisk in a hug, he's made himself comfortable in my arms. As we walk back the others all chat between themselves as Frisk falls asleep on my shoulder.

"Wow... he must've been pretty tired."

Chara walks beside me with Flowey in her arms, he seems disinterested in the conversation. I smile down at the two as we all walk, Chara seems to be smiling. Now judging from her past is that a good thing... or a bad thing?