Chapter 1: Fallen

Duska

Metal is on every wall, on the floor and the ceiling yet somehow the voices of the young skeletons sitting by me aren't echoing around said metal room.

"SANS! I'M BORED!"

"play with dus. she's just laying there."

My little, chubby hands pull me across the metallic ground over towards the smaller of the two skeletons. His smile grows as his own small, yet boney, hands place themselves onto mine.

"COME ON DUS! SAY 'PAP'!"

"dad said that she probably won't talk for another few months."

"BUT I WANT HER TO TALK!"

Blurbled words pour from my undeveloped mouth, the younger of the two skeletons smile at the incoherant noises.

"SEE! SHE WAS TALKING!"

"heh heh, she was. don't worry pap, she'll say your name soon."

Pap carefully lifts my hands and claps with them which makes me laugh giddily. A sudden coldness reaches my cheeks and I shake but neither of them notice. Suddenly the world fades into a black void as the cold worsens only around my face. The drearyness of sleep begins to come, then suddenly the infinite blackness ends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pull the blanket to my face, trying to make it warm against the cool room. The blanket and mattress feel more comfortable then they usually are which confuses me. My eyes flutter open and I await the arrival of a cement ceiling, instead I find a pure white one.

"Huh?"

I shoot up from the bed and look around, each wall is the same color as the ceiling while the floor is a bathroom like tile blue. The door is large and metallic, it also looks completely automatic as it's missing a door handle.

"Wh-What!?! Where..."

I jump up and begin knocking on the metal door. I was just in a snowy forest a minute ago! I had fallen into a hole, landed on a pile of yellow flowers, finished several puzzles before walking through a house and entering a frozen tundra. I had walked a bit then I... I had tripped... had I fallen or something? I must have. The bright white room unexpectantly goes black and I fall over in shock. The room already was small enough but... now it's dark too.

"H-Hey! Please! I don't l-like the dark!"

I'm a eighteen year old teenager yelling that they're scared of the dark, I must sound pathetic right now. But I really am, I had lived with darkness being a punishment and I had developed a fear of it. I jump back up and being hitting the door again, I only know that it's the door because it sounds a little different from what the walls sound like.

"Hey! Get me out o-"

I'm pushed aside by something large just before a ray of blue-green light illuminates the room and hits the door. Lights from the end of the hallway shine onto the giant, skeletal goat head that had shot the beam from it's mouth. I smile at the Blaster as it turns it's gaze towards me.

"Thank you. Let's go."

The head floats near me so that I can use it to help me stand, i've seen it come several times before and every time it's been whenever i've felt scared or in danger. My feet echo on the ground as I walk out of the room, open doors line the dimly lit hallway. I slowly walk past all the rooms and into where the light has been shining from, an elevator.