Chapter 9: Shortcuts and 'Shortcuts'

Sans

For once i'm not the one to make us late. Pap and I have been waiting in the loungeroom for ten minutes waiting for Duska to get ready. That metal tin-can better have included my gift in his parcel, the blue heart wasn't the easiest thing to find.

"DUSKA! WHY HAVEN'T YOU GOTTEN READY YET!?!"

"The shoes took awhile to fit into and now I can't get the choker on!"

"just come out here dus! i'll put it on for ya!"

We hear the door upstairs open and close then the sound of feet touching stairs. Turning towards them I feel my cheekbones heat up at the sight of the girl walking towards the two of us. Her shoes have a single black gem each that shines against the kitchen's light, they click agaisnt the ground as she walks. Her black hair is tied up in a ponytail like Undyne's but just not as long, a smaller piece covers most of her left eye just like what her bandages do. Her blue dress sways behind her and shows off her thin waist, she's just beautiful.

"Uh... Sans?"

I snap out of my trance to notice Duska staring at me and Papyrus quietly laughing into his glove. I let off a quick laugh to try and swipe my odd actions away. What the hell was I just doing?

"heh, sorry kid. you look beautiful."

"I AGREE WITH SANS! YOU LOOK ALMOST AS GREAT AS THE GREAT PAPYRUS!"

She smiles and looks at the two of us properly. Papyrus is wearing a black suit along with bright red boots and tie, he looks pretty cool and will stand out in the crowd. I'm wearing a dark blue tux while also wearing my usual pink slippers, they're too comfortable not to wear. Dus notices my slippers and struggles to hold in laughter.

"Are you two dressed as knives? Because you both look sharp."

The two of us laugh while Papyrus groans loudly. He suddenly grabs both our hands and pulls us outside.

"YOU TWO ARE NOT RUINING TONIGHT! USE YOUR SHORTCUT SANS!"

"I...I will Pap! J-Just... l-let me l-laugh f-first..."

"Sh-Shortc-cut!?"

The kid hasn't been through one of my famous 'shortcuts' yet and the thought of how'll she react makes my smile slightly wider. Once I stop laughing I make sure that the two of them have a tight grip, Pap is holding Duska's hand rather tightly but she hasn't brought it up. I guess she doesn't really mind.

"alrighty. let's go."

I always find it easier to be walking while magic builds within my eye. The three of us walk side-by-side through the snow and the familiar feeling of the world distorting around us quickly comes and goes, making the sudden image of MTT Hotel appear before us. I hear someone stumble to my right as Pap let's go of my hand and catches Duska.

"whoa dus, you alright?"

"Y-Yeah... The sudden change in... tempreture made me a little dizzy... I'm usually used to teleporting but not... sudden climate changes."

Wait, she's used to teleporting? As Pap helps her to her feet the tinkle of something metallic comes from the ground, a shiny blue stone in the shape of a heart has fallen.

"Oh! I forgot to ask for help with putting this on."

"here, i got it."

I go down on one knee to pick it up, the sparkle it gives is still as flawless as the day I got it shaped. I stand and motion Dus to turn around and crouch, she's a little tall for me to put it on while she stands. I drape it over her head and clip it on from the back, the robot made it just perfect.