Chapter 25: Deja Vu

Duska

"Thank you Ms Rosaye! Please give a hand for the Monster Representative!"

There was a round of applause from the live audience as I wave and walk backstage. The small tv i'm watching it on starts to flicker until it turns to only static and so I place it back in it's pocket in the backpack. Mt Ebott likes to ruin electronic signals the closer to the entrances you get, making it difficult for anyone to call the outside world. I notice a familiar ledge and walk over to it, stopping just before I fall down into a completely black hole.

"Made it."

It took me an entire month to climb the mountain and find the hole I fell down last time. I smile as I allow magic to flow through me and wait until I see the flames extinguish from my now boney arms. A Gaster Blaster appears by my side and I give it a rub on it's nose, it makes noises of delight.

"Alright, time to make all that practise usefull."

I jump onto the back of the skull and it starts floating down the hole, we've been practising this for a while but I can still feel the Blaster struggling.

"Good boy... nearly there."

The glow of yellow flowers shines up onto us and I quickly jump onto a nearby rock before sliding down to solid ground. I wrap my arms around the Blasters jaw as a hug as I feel it shaking with the effort it just went through.

"Good job! You did great! Go get some rest now."

It disappeared after another quick pat and I readjusted my backpack before walking through the Ruins. The place was empty due to them all moving out when Toriel did so it was rather lonely until I reached the stone door. As I pushed it open a blast of cold wind struck my face and I couldn't help but smile at the welcome familiarity of Snowdin's weather. The stone doors closed with a loud bang and I hadn't gone four steps before being stopped.

"Duska! Your back!"

The girl in front of me wore (insert clothing) and looked human, but when she wants to she unfolds wings she hardly ever shows. I had mistakenly called her human when I first met her but she showed off her wings to prove otherwise.

"Hey Lilly! Nice to see you again! How has everything been down here?"

We both begin walking down the path to Snowdin and I watch as snow lightly fell from the unseen ceiling of the cave, making the area calm and peaceful.

"Everything's been fine, nothing new really. There have been rumors about something shady lurking around but no one has anything concrete."

"That's weird. Nothing shady has been seen around here before. I'll ask Paps and Sans about it."

"Ha, good luck. No ones seen them all day."

My heart sinks into my stomach but I push away any bad thoughts, they're probably just hanging out somewhere in the forest. As we pass Grillbyz she says a farewell and enters the glowing building, I spot the fire elemental through the window and wave excitedly which he quickly sees and returns with his own excited wave. Throughout Snowdin I greet residents with smiles and some with hugs, all of them extremely happy to see me safe again. Once I leave the bulk of the town the familiar wooden home appears in my view but something seems off about it, the front door was wide open. Papyrus and Sans always closed it to keep it warm for visitors.

"Wha..."

I quickened my pace and entered the house, only to have the door slam behind me as another human sits on the stairs leading upstairs. His brown hair was neatly brushed, had a clean face besides a large scar on his lip, his clothing was neat and without a crease on it. As his eyes met mine the green tinge of them reminded me of a man who had ruined my life so long ago.

"Hello Duska. You wouldn't know me, but you certainly knew my little brother Vector."

Fear hits me like a bullet and I feel my arms light up with their magical fire, I call my Gaster Blaster to sit outside so that he isn't prepared for it's fire. As he sees the fire he whistles and I hear footsteps behind me but they seemed like they weren't a danger. I take steps to the side so that I could keep my eyes on Vectors brother but what I saw in the second humans hand drags my attention towards him.

"I wouldn't attack me if I was you. Cause... you seem to care a lot about the freaks."

The human throws what's his hand to the ground and I run up to it... or should I say him. His blue jacket has been removed and his eye sockets are closed, they somehow knocked him out. His hands were duct taped together and rope was tightly tied around his legs, restricting most movement.

"Apparently chloroform works on skeletons. It doesn't even make sense! They don't have lungs or a brain!"

I turned my head towards him and feel a build up of magic into my covered eye. He smiles and whistles again, the man came out of the kitchen with another dragging Papyrus tied the same way as Sans except Pap had a small crack on the side of his skull which made me think of so many possibilities of what happened to him.

"It took a bit to get the fucking rag over his skull but it was worth the look on the shorter ones eyes when he saw him unconscious! Oh... I was laughing once we knocked him ou-"

"Shut up!! What do you want!?!"

His smile sparked up memories of Vector, that smile was the last thing I saw before being beaten and abused for possibly an hour. I think the only reason I survived him was because of my monster side of me. The man walks up to me but I stay where I am and hold Sans' hand tightly, saddened that it's limp instead of squeezing back.

"The name's Gaston. You killed my little brother Vector with your magic."

The word 'magic' was spit out of his mouth as if it was poison as his two lackeys pick up Sans and Papyrus from the ground, ignoring the shout I gave them.

"So I want you Duska. I want to torture you, hurt you, be on the verge of breaking you. He kept you for ten years but... I don't have the patience for that. Ten days of torture is what I want from you. Then... I want you to send a bullet through your brain."

I tear up the more he speaks, that's why he has Sans and Papyrus. They're hostages. He wants to torture me more even after all the torture his brother sent me through, then force me to the same fate his brother did. I turn to see Gaston's thugs looking at Sans and Papyrus who have been propped up against the far wall, they have put duct tape over their teeth while their boss talked. I stand and wipe away my remaining tears although still facing the brothers but my gaze is locked with the drooping head of Sans. Seeing him like this makes my soul feel as if it's breaking apart, I guess Jay really was right about me crushing on him.

"Will... you let them go unharmed?"

"Unharmed is already off the table as they both fought a bit before passing out but yes, I'll let them go."

The look in his eyes look almost disgusting, the green reflects my face and I see tears streaming from my eyes. I sigh and look at the brothers one last time, I'd do anything for them.

"Okay... i'll go."

His smile grows and he whistles again, a rag suddenly appears in front of me and is shoved over my mouth and nose. The memory of being in the dark hallway of my home returns and the fear in my heart is tripled as I struggle beneath the rag. Gaston's green eyes stare at me with a wicked smile and I feel my heart flip, he's not going to let them go. He's going to bring them too and i'm too weak to call my Blaster.

"See you when you wake up."