Chapter 11: Alphys' Hobby

Duska

I look down at the small skeleton and see that his eye sockets are closed, a pained expression is stuck where a smile once was. I try to shake his back to wake him up but nothing happens, he's completely passed out.

"No no no no no..."

I kick open yet another door and spot the door Pap had brought us through when we first got here. I run towards it and use the back of my shoulder to slam the rubbish bin away from the door and open a wide enough gap for me to pass through. The hot air of Hotland reaches me and I can't help but turn my back against the oncoming heat.

"Gotta teleport..."

Teleporting at the distance of Hotlands to Snowdin is gonna take a lot out of me, but Sans is whimpering in pain in his unconscious state. I feel my heart tighten at the sight of him like this but I bring myself to walk a little before teleporting.

"He'll be fine... You'll be fine Sans..."

I could feel myself beginning to freak out so I pull my magic together and think of the front door of the home in Snowdin. The world twists around us and distorts, it returns to normal in less than a second. Cold air hits my legs and face, it would hit my arms but... this is really not the time for awesome puns. Knowing that the door is unlocked I use my magic to twist the doorknob and open the door. I quickly run in, using my foot to close the door, and carefully place Sans onto the couch. His whimpering is joined by violent shaking, the only thing I can think of doing is getting a blanket. I run upstairs to my room and throw the blanket from my bed before teleporting back downstairs and drape it over the small skeleton.

"Sans... goddamnit..."

I run back upstairs to his room and grab his familiar blue jacket that smells like ketchup. I walk back down and place it under his head, elevating it only a little. Looking at him again I still see that he's in pain, the smile that's usually there is replaced by a grimace. I sigh and pull my phone out of the fancy jacket's pocket, pulling up Alphys number. I quickly press dial and sit on the opposite side of the couch, watching Sans carefully.

"H-Hello?"

I sigh and laugh weakly. 

"Oh my god Alphys... just..."

"D-Duska!?! Where did you go? Is Sans wi-ith you?"

"He is... I found him on the ground in pain after my song."

"What!?!"

I fall into the back of the couch and rest my free hand onto Sans' leg, it comforts me slightly but i'm still incredibly scared.

"Punk! What do you mean 'in pain'!?!"

"I teleported us back to Snowdin and he's on the couch, whimpering in pain!! I don't know what to do!!"

I feel tears sliding down my face but I don't bother to wipe them. I've never dealt with someone in pain while in unconsciousness before, or in pain at all before.

"C-Calm down... We'll bring everyone over. Just keep h-him comfortable."

She hangs up on me and I throw the phone at the floor. I feel Sans move his legs and whimper loudly. I use my insticts which is to slowly lay next to him and hug around his ribs, careful to not be tight but let him still able to feel that someones there. He almost instantly calms down with only a quiet whimper every minute or so.

"I know why you were smiling... You could have just said that you were in pain... You may have thought that you were helping, but it only scared me more."