Chapter 3: Daddy's Girl

Duska

The smell of spaghetti wakes me from my dreamless sleep and it comes along with the banging of pots and pans. My eyes slowly open to show a TV show about some pink robot talking about the news. My stomach grumbles quietly, making me think about how long that i've been unconscious for.

"SANS! WHERE DID THE GLITTER GO?"

"glitter isn't edible paps. the kid wouldn't be able to eat it."

"BUT THE SPAGHETTI NEEDS TEXTURE!"

I can't help but giggle at their silly argument which sadly stops as the two must have heard me as they run into the room to see me awake on the couch. Papyrus quickly gives me a hug, a small 'Nyeh heh heh' coming from him.

"nice to see you awake. you feeling alright?"

"Almost brand new. But I am a little hungry..."

Papyrus jumps off of me and I see his bright face before he runs off into what I suspect being the kitchen. I go to sit up but a sharp pain pulses throughout my lower back, making me almost scream but I hold it in and let out a sharp wince instead. Sans quickly puts his arms behind my back and helps me lean against the couch into a comfortable sitting position.

"you gotta be careful kid... undyne took a lot out of ya..."

"It's not her fault. She was just trying to protect you all."

"i told her that you were kind. paps told her... she didn't believe either of us..."

His voice had an obvious tone of anger within it, one that I chose to push aside for the moment. I smile and pat the cushion beside me for Sans to sit on, he quickly accepts the offer. Now comfortable I decide to use this time to check on my shoulder, I did say that I feel 'brand new' but a slight pain rings throughout my left arm. I carefully slide the arm out of the sleeve and let the bandages unwravel by their magic.

"we couldn't remove it ourselves, i guess your magic wanted to heal you."

"My magic's always been protective of me. It's... a thing that i've developed..."

He looks at me as if he wants to ask a question but he drops it, I wouldn't have answered his questions anyway. It fully reveals my arm and it seems to have done the job, only a pink mark of stretched skin remains but it should heal completely before long. After a while Papyrus walks out with spaghetti and we all eat, it's the best food that i've had in... years.

"SO HU- DUSKA? DID YOU LIKE IT?"

"Mmmhmm! It was delicious! Best thing i've had in years!"

He smiles and pulls me into another hug, his tackling hug cracks my back and he squeals in surprise to the noise. He pulls back and looks at me worried, the bone cracking actually helped.

"DUSKA! ARE YOU ALRIGHT!?! DID I HURT YOU!?! I'M SO SORRY!"

"I'm fine, i'm fine. You only stretched the joint capsule, making special gases release themselves."

Both the skeleton's look at me in surprise. It takes me a few seconds to realise what I had said and I quickly shy my head away from them.

"Sorry... I've always been like that... spurting out some stupid science randomly..."

"what!?! it's not stupid. it's actually pretty cool, like what your dad did."

"IT MEANS THAT YOU CAN TEACH OTHERS NEW THINGS! LIKE ALPHYS!"

"except what you just said actually made sense."

"WAIT... IT DID?"

I giggle and grab Papyrus' arm, bending it out and pointing to his elbow. I'm a little surprised at their reaction but i'm happy that they accept it.